First of the Props Arrive in Chicago for Harry Potter, The Exhibition

Movies
March 18, 2009, 12:30 PM

Thanks to WB who let us know the first of the props have arrived in Chicago, as preparations are well underway for the opening of Harry Potter, The Exhibition. Today, the Flying Ford Anglia arrived in the Windy City, and you can see a photo of it here via the Official WB Harry Potter Widget. No word if the car flew to the city or was delivered via ordinary Muggle transportation methods ;)

As readers will recall, Harry Potter, the Exhibition is a traveling display of artifacts and sets seen in the beloved Harry Potter film series. The first stop in the tour is Chicago, Illinois where the exhibition will open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry next month on April 30 and will run until September 27, 2009. Tickets and additional information about the exhibit can be found via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Paolo_nutini2_thumb

It happen only in US. . . :(

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 18, 2009, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Me1_thumb

I wish it wasn’t on a school day, though, then I could go on the 30th!! Grr school!

But I just have a question..I know it opens in Chicago on the 30th..so is the exhibit going to be in Chicago from April 30th to September or is it just on April 30th and then going to a different city the next day?

is confuzzled

Posted by Jesicurz93 on March 18, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Tickets are bought! I’l upload lots of pics for our “to far away from Chicago” friends. It’s a 7 hour drive for me…super worth it.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 18, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

@Jesicurs93: It’s going to be in Chicago from April through September. Not sure where it will go after September.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 18, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

I can’t wait! im going the day after it starts! :)

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on March 18, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Yay! So excited I live in Chicago! I’m going on May 1st! I can’t wait to throw a Quaffle, walk through Hagrid’s Hut, and see the Ford Anglia!!! :D
Sooooooo excited!!!!!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on March 18, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

That’s really cool! I really want to go! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 18, 2009, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

This looks so cool.

Posted by snapealicious on March 18, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator
102_0002_thumb

I can’t wait to check this out over the summer! i hope i get to go more than once XD

Posted by Carmenriots on March 18, 2009, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I live one state away and I still didn’t get tickets to see this. Who do I think I am?!?!!?! I need a ride though :(

Posted by Christine on March 18, 2009, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It seems fantastic! I intend to see it with my family sometime this summer and hope it proves worth far more than the ticket price. :D

Posted by Kirk on March 18, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

cool! i cant wait to go!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 18, 2009, 08:57 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

Awesome!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 18, 2009, 08:57 PM report to moderator
Images_9__thumb

That is so cool. I am planning on going up there in May and will definitely go see the HP exhibit. I am so excited! :)

Posted by Hedwig823 on March 18, 2009, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Me1_thumb

Thanks ErinM {Roar}!

I think I might be going on May 1st too or maybe sometime in May!! With my friend and it’s gonna be AWESOME! I only live like an hour from Chicago. YAY I’M SO EXCITED!!

Posted by Jesicurz93 on March 18, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator

"Harry Potter must wake up, sir!"[br]"Stop poking me --"[br]"Dobby must poke Harry Potter, sir, he must wake up!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014