Toby Jones Says Role as Dobby for Both Deathly Hallows Films

DH Film
March 16, 2009, 04:47 PM

Last January, we told you that actor Toby Jones would reprise his role in the Harry Potter films series by again providing the voice of Dobby the House Elf for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Today, the actor made mention of his return to the series by noting: " I’m currently doing the new Harry Potter film; in fact, the last two Harry Potter films."

Please note: As readers will recall, there has been much ado and speculation over the possible splitting of the films, with the events involving the beloved House Elf at Malfoy Manor and Shell Cottage often discussed. While most certainly we do not yet know where the breaking point in the films will take place, or what all this may mean, it is interesting to note the mention of his return for both movies. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films is currently in production in England, with Part One set for release November 19, 2010, and Part Two due July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Patronus_part_2_004_thumb

I’m glad Dobby will get more screen time as well!

Posted by skiving snackboxes on March 17, 2009, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

Hmmm. Yeah, I think that’s interesting he’ll be in both.

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on March 17, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

lol its hard to believe dobby is played by a “human.”

Posted by chocolaterabbits on March 17, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

sadly, he dies _

Posted by chocolaterabbits on March 17, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Snapeharry_thumb

Wow that’s interesting. I had actually thought the split might take place after the Gringott’s break-in. Guess not!

Posted by missskye «Я☼AR» {OoM2} on March 17, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Dscn2551_thumb

Dobby really is one of my favorite characters and I’ve been sooooo disappointed that he hasn’t been in any movies since Chamber of Secrets! I can’t wait to see him in Deathly Hallows 1 and 2. The only thing that I’m not too excited about now is that if he’s in the 2nd DH, then I’m gonna have even longer to wait knowing he’s about to die, and he’s going to have to wait longer for his final scene. I loved that scene, because though I’m losing a great character, it was so respectful and emotional.

Posted by AlexCarpenterFanGirl on March 17, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator

The place for the split is after the capture, arriving at Malfoy Manor. What Toby jones says fits with that.

Posted by WulfricBrian on March 17, 2009, 02:32 PM report to moderator

EXCELLENT! Goblet of Fire just wasn’t the same without house elves. I <3 Dobby Dobs. Wait though… this means that Dobby will be in part 2… so the split will have to be before Shell Cottage?!

Posted by g-g-gena; wbm! on March 17, 2009, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Very, very interesting. I wonder where the split where will be? Very intriging!! xx =D

Fangirl_thumb

I hope they keep the Shell Cottage & Malfoy Manor scenes in! They have to, right? I mean, why bother even having Dobby in the movies if you’re going to skip over his best scenes?! (Which are also some of the most emotional scenes as well)

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 17, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator

So exciting! I’ve hoped all along that the split would come just after Ron returns in the Silver Doe chapter. This seems to imply that the Shell Cottage scene will take place in DH2.
Happy St. Patty’s everyone!

Posted by bookmonster79 on March 17, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Ps014_bymusguita_thumb

YES!!! ITS DOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg, yes this will be great :D can’t wait for the deathly hallows film :D

Posted by hannah abbot ;) on March 17, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

DOBBYY!!!!! hurray??

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 17, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

DOBBYY!!!!! hurray??

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 17, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

DOBBYY!!!!! hurray??

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 17, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator

"He is --" Ron said jerkily, tearing Percy's letter in half, "the world's" -- he tore it into quarters -- "biggest" -- he tore it into eighths -- [i]"git."[/i] He threw the pieces into the fire.