Toby Jones Says Role as Dobby for Both Deathly Hallows Films

DH Film
March 16, 2009, 04:47 PM

Last January, we told you that actor Toby Jones would reprise his role in the Harry Potter films series by again providing the voice of Dobby the House Elf for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Today, the actor made mention of his return to the series by noting: " I’m currently doing the new Harry Potter film; in fact, the last two Harry Potter films."

Please note: As readers will recall, there has been much ado and speculation over the possible splitting of the films, with the events involving the beloved House Elf at Malfoy Manor and Shell Cottage often discussed. While most certainly we do not yet know where the breaking point in the films will take place, or what all this may mean, it is interesting to note the mention of his return for both movies. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films is currently in production in England, with Part One set for release November 19, 2010, and Part Two due July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry_potter_owl_main_thumb

Yay! More Dobby! I’m probably going to cry when he dies…

Posted by Owlet on March 16, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

yaya. can’t wait to see dobby again he’s so cute. wonder wen will know the split.
at least we can guess that it is before malfoy manor coz dobby is in dh 1 and 2

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on March 16, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator

Awesome. Dobby is one of my favorite charaters in the books and the movies. It will be good to see him in DH, because he honestly has a very important role!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on March 16, 2009, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Foto446_05

Oh, men, if it is part 1 and 2, then they’re splitting at Shell Cottage, right after Malfoy Manor. That way, Dobby does his rescue in part 1 but dies and is buried in part 2! That was my favourite option for the splitting, I’m so excited!

Posted by Bell Dema [FTC!!!] on March 16, 2009, 08:37 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Hoorary for Dobby! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 16, 2009, 08:39 PM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

I’m so happy that Dobby will be returning! I always thought he would, so i’m glad to be reassured by Warner Brothers that he’ll be here. I’m excited to see how dobby plays a role in the movies… i mean of course malfoy manor/shell cottage will be amazing—i don’t doubt it… but it’ll be interesting to see how he is portrayed otherwise.

I don’t think that the first movie’s going to end past Godric’s Hollow, though i prefer in chapter 19, in the Silver Doe. My first preference was when Ron leaves, but i can’t reconcile how sad that’ll be. My new favorite it place for the seperation is after Harry is saved by Ron and he sees his savior for the first time. What a climactic place! I just have a really hard time reconciling what would be lost if the split was after The Silver Doe. I know it’d be exciting at malfoy manor, or at Xeno’s, but I’m afraid the first movie would be crammed… is it just me?

Posted by scarletti1 on March 16, 2009, 08:40 PM report to moderator

Oh, very interesting. It will be odd bringing him back just so they can kill him, though. Poor Dobby. I think the split might be right after the silver doe then.

Posted by badger666 on March 16, 2009, 08:41 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

yay dobby is finally back!!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on March 16, 2009, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Oh, Dobby… I miss you. :( So looking forward to seeing Dobby in the movie again, no matter how heartbreaking it’ll be!

Posted by Kissa on March 16, 2009, 09:13 PM report to moderator
4558_110541317616_500052616_2408093_477353_n_thumb

DOBBY!! IM SO EXCITED!!

Posted by 10thweasley {WBM} on March 16, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Ravenpwn_thumb

Ahh, finally! We’ll get to see more of Dobby! :D They’ll probably introduce him again in the beginning of the first part, to refresh the audience’s minds. Then, I would assume, there’s his Death in the 2nd part. What a lovely comeback. I Love you Dobby! :’( <3

Posted by Daniel (: on March 16, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

Awesome. I wonder what this means for the split.

Posted by snapealicious on March 16, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Yes! Dobby is so important in DH- they could not leave him out!
Dobby rox :D

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on March 16, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_hbp_broomstick_thumb

The death scene better be good. Maybe he will die in the first one, but when Harry is burying him, there is some sort of flashback of Dobby’s life???

Posted by The Sorting Hat on March 16, 2009, 10:15 PM report to moderator
Iconator_de5ee9375a0402eaeb6032b64f46451c_thumb

Ahhh a clue about the split!!!!!

Posted by thursrain on March 16, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator

"Harry, you need your strength," said Seamus Finnigan. "Seekers are always the ones who get clobbered by the other team."[br]"Thanks, Seamus," said Harry, watching Seamus pile ketchup on his sausages.