Toby Jones Says Role as Dobby for Both Deathly Hallows Films

DH Film
March 16, 2009, 04:47 PM

Last January, we told you that actor Toby Jones would reprise his role in the Harry Potter films series by again providing the voice of Dobby the House Elf for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Today, the actor made mention of his return to the series by noting: " I’m currently doing the new Harry Potter film; in fact, the last two Harry Potter films."

Please note: As readers will recall, there has been much ado and speculation over the possible splitting of the films, with the events involving the beloved House Elf at Malfoy Manor and Shell Cottage often discussed. While most certainly we do not yet know where the breaking point in the films will take place, or what all this may mean, it is interesting to note the mention of his return for both movies. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films is currently in production in England, with Part One set for release November 19, 2010, and Part Two due July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dsc00162_thumb

Dobby’s death is way too early to be the break. It’s going to be the Silver Doe. (Although I would prefer Godric’s Hollow. Leaving Harry with Ron gone and a broken wand would be a great cliffhanger.)

Posted by dcrazmo {ROAR} on March 16, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Owl-400wide_thumb

Awesome! :D I wonder where they’re going to split it though… : /

Posted by cocoeple on March 16, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator

I think it should end with them maybe at Godric’s Hollow looking at the statue or something and then they can start 2 with the action in the rest of that chapter. But wherever it is I’m just glad Dobby will be there!!

Posted by MaidOfAwesome on March 16, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

dobby is free

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on March 16, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Glad that he is back!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 16, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

I am very happy Dobby will be back for DH, & the same guy will be doing the role. It is too bad that Dobby was left out of the previous movies, because he’s such a great character. And, most likely now they’re going to have to hype him up for those that havent read the books, to remind the audience who Dobby is & why he means so much to Harry. But, I am glad Dobby is free .. erm, back :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 16, 2009, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Yay for Dobby! I really want to know when the split is! And this doesn’t help! =( Hopefully Kreacher will also be a big part! Go House Elves!

Posted by AbiDumbledore on March 16, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

yay,this is really interesting.i’m so excited for the DH movies(that sometimes i forget we haven’t even seen HBP yet :P)

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on March 16, 2009, 06:22 PM report to moderator
1930 Points

Aw I’m going to cry during his tragic scene in the movie :(

Posted by felixfelicis11 on March 16, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Dobbyafreeelf_thumb

Yay!!
I kind of wanted them to finish part 1 with his death, although that would be sad.. but I guess this means that won’t happen :(
For the moment I’m just glad he’s going to be doing it, though.

Posted by Promote Elfish Welfare [*SQUEE*] on March 16, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Swan_thumb

Cements my belief that it will be after the Silver Doe, but before Lovegood (if he’s part of the story) and Malfoy Manor. The ‘thruthful’, emotional break has always sounded like the Silver Doe to me.

Posted by Kalin [WBM] on March 16, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

I think he’s just told us that the split will happen at/after Malfoy Manor, with Dobby’s final words and death opening the second film.

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on March 16, 2009, 06:36 PM report to moderator
N1314356338_7633_thumb
20582 Points

brill!! go dobby!!

Posted by ٭Ĥ☻ğđ☻ъъÿ٭ Ř☻äř٭ on March 16, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

This is awesome, although I hope this doesn’t mean that Dobby will replace Kreacher because that would not make any sense!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on March 16, 2009, 06:55 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

Ohh wow…I’m so happy for this….I love Dobby! I cried when he died! :(

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on March 16, 2009, 06:55 PM report to moderator

"You think you're such a big man, Potter," said Malfoy, advancing now, Crabbe and Goyle flanking him. "You wait. I'll have you. You can't land my father in prison --"[br]"I thought I just had," said Harry.