New Half-Blood Prince Promo Pictures of Tom Felton, Bonnie Wright, More Surface Online

HBP Film
March 16, 2009, 12:06 PM

Several new promotional photos for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince are now online. Of unknown origin, scores of readers let us know about these new photos which include: Tom Felton as Draco, Bonnie Wright as Ginny, Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter,  and Teenage Tom Riddle. All bear the official WB HP6 logo.
Update: Oclumencia sent us high res versions as follows:
Tom Felton as Draco
Bonnie Wright as Ginny
New Bonnie
Riddle
New Harry (Profile of Dan Radcliffe)

Thanks to SS, those on LJ and all who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Abpinkconverse_lg_thumb

i love the posters!
I am really happy that there are many new things about Harry Potter coming out day by day!
I need to see the movie!!!!!!!11

Posted by the_mad_person on March 16, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Abpinkconverse_lg_thumb

i love the posters!
I need to see the movie!!!!!!!

Posted by the_mad_person on March 16, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

fail on Ginny

Posted by Courtney Quirke on March 16, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
L_s_icon_thumb

Meh. Not too impressed, although I’ve never been a big fan of the promo picture singles. Have they all been Expelliarmussed? Where are their wands?

Posted by VeganMudblood on March 16, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator

draco looks a lot older in that picture. can’t wait for the movie.

Posted by moe miron on March 16, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

They’re cool pictures. I don’t really like the HP6 thing, but they’re cool.

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on March 16, 2009, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

I’m not sure I like them, Tom and Bonnie look kind of weird, but Dan looks amazing, I’m still not sure about the HP6 I was ok with it at first but now I don’t know

canĀ“t wait to see more

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on March 16, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

Draco does indeed look good, though I agree he is starting to look his age, i.e. early 20’s. Harry looks appropriately angsty, Tom Riddle looks great, and Ginny is looking sassy. Sassy! SA-SA-SAASSSY. Sassy anyone? I think I ordered some…SASSY. Did someone say…

OK, I’ll stop there, lollers. I hope she’s all ruff tuff in the movie, and not sweet and shy like she has been, though I fear the Movie Ginny will always be quite bereft of characterization. They have a hard enough time fitting in characterization with the main characters.

Posted by ScottMan on March 16, 2009, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

lol.. i love how everyone is talking about how older Tom is looking as Draco and blah blah blah.. yeah the man is in his early 20’s.. but has anyone seen these kids now-a-days in school??? a lot of them look way older then they really are…love Tom Felton’s picture.. he’s lookin’ HOT!!! I actually have it opened in another window because i can’t stop looking at it, lol..

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on March 16, 2009, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

The “HP6” is going to annoy me as we get closer to July, but I quite like these pictures. There’s some odd lighting or something, which sort of makes it look like they’re plastic-like…

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on March 16, 2009, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Oh my, Bonnie hasn’t changed at all since HP5! If you hadn’t told me it was HP6, I would never have guessed it.
Tom looks great though! Aww, Draco’s all grown up..! LOL Daniel looks good too, but my attention was sort of drawn away from his face to his kick-a** shoes! ^^

Posted by Kissa on March 16, 2009, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Finally some promo pics that look good. Yes, Tom looks older, but he looks GREAT, and very Draco. Plus, is it just me, or did they not do a fabulous job of casting Tom Felton and Jason Isaacs as father and son? Of course they play up any resemblance with the hair color and whatnot, but they really are a good match, more so as the films have progressed. Very believable. Dan looks great, as always. :)

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on March 16, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

I love Bonnie’s hair! Dan’s picture is also very nice! The teenage Tom Riddle looks eerie! Tom looks so grown up! I hope more are released! I’d like a Dumbledore one =)

Posted by AbiDumbledore on March 16, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Tom Felton does look older since the previous movie, which is not necessarily a good or a bad thing, just saying is all. Teen Riddle looks really creepy though …
I’m really unsure about the HP6 thing … like why cant they use JKRs title :( Or, if they really want their own catchy title, to at least include the full HBP title somewhere in the poster. One of the huge thrills of speculation prior to the HBP book, was theorizing as to who the HBP was … omitting the title removes all that aspect of the story :(

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 16, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator

Does anyone else think they look like corpses?

Posted by reallyocean on March 16, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator

"Luna and I can stand at either end of the corridor," said Ginny promptly, "and warn people not to go down there because someone's let off a load of Garroting Gas." Hermione looked surprised at the readiness with which Ginny had come up with this lie. Gin

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014