Shell Cottage Scene for Deathly Hallows to be Filmed in Wales?

DH Film
March 13, 2009, 06:43 AM

Here is a bit of news that is perhaps very cool and a bit sad for fans as well, as there are reports of a possible location for filming of the emotional scenes at Shell cottage in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Western Telegraph is reporting today that crews from WB have apparently been in the South Pembrokeshire coastal areas in Wales, scouting for a location that will be used for filming DH this summer. Quotage as follows:

"It is understood location staff from film company Warner Brothers have visited Pembrokeshire and booked hotel and self-catering accommodation in the area ahead of their arrival to film during early summer.

The seaside scenes in the book relate to the fictional village of Tinworth in Cornwall, the location of Shell Cottage where young wizards Harry, Ron and Hermione take shelter.

A spokesman for the Harry Potter production team said no specific locations for the film could be confirmed."

As noted in the article, WB has not confirmed this possible location for Deathly Hallows filming. We will continue to follow the story, updates when we get them!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Thecave_thumb

Guys, back in September David Heyman practically admited Dobby would be back. Then in January, The Telegraph said Toby Jones, the voice of Dobby, will be back for Deathly hallows. So I don’t think we need to worry about Dobby anymore.

What excites me about this news, is that WB is pulling out all of the stops for DH. I love that they’re looking to shoot this on location instead of using CGI. I hope they continue to shoot all over the UK for this film.

Posted by mollywobble on March 13, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

Cool…only I don’t remember this Shell Cottage…Time to go and reread Deathly Hollows again.

Posted by fantasylover12001 on March 13, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

You guys, remember when DH came out and WB said that they were going to make this book in to two movies so they could fit everything in? I don’t think they’re going to leave anything as important as Shell Cottage out because it’s such a pivotal scene, with Dobby’s death, and the planning that goes on for Gringotts. I just can’t imagine they’d film the scene and then cut it out… it doesn’t make sense. I’m going to put my faith in WB not to do such a silly thing. Scorn at me if you want, I don’t care. I’m taking WB to their word when they said everything in this book counts.

Well, anyway, the coastal scenes and cliffs that i saw look perfect for Shell Cottage. I think it would be lovely to film here… there’s such a unique feeling when you’re so close to the ocean, at least i feel that way. I look forward to hearing more news about it :)

Posted by scarletti1 on March 13, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

It would be beautiful for Shell Cottage. I loved those scenes in the books. Bill and Fleur got a fantastic house!

Posted by The Silver Doe on March 13, 2009, 02:09 PM report to moderator
Iconator_de5ee9375a0402eaeb6032b64f46451c_thumb

yes shell cottage!

Posted by thursrain on March 13, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_hg_thumb

Looks really, really good! :D

Posted by Edza on March 13, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator

Shell Cottage will be in part 2. and Pembrokeshire has some lovely unspoilt areas * remembers camping and hiking many years ago * and is less busy then Cornwall in the summer, so works well as a location.

Posted by WulfricBrian on March 13, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

cool! there is sooo much going on with DH! how exciting!

Photo_41_thumb

Oh man, those scenes will be so beautiful! I can’t wait to see them!

Posted by rebel on March 13, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

i wish i could see a pic of it. i can image in it.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 13, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

i wish i could see a pic of it. i can image in it.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 13, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

i wish i could see a pic of it. i can image in it.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 13, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

oppps srry didnt mean topoast to many times.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 13, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

I don’t think it really matters where they film the scene, as long as they do it right! I really hope this is for shell cottage! If it is, then this plus the news that Dobby will be included and the recent reports that they may be casting Bill makes me hopeful that Fleur might be back and they may be doing it right after all!

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on March 13, 2009, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I too loved the Shell Cottage scenes and what will make it even better is if they get Clemence Posey back as Fleur. I won’t give up hope!!!!!!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 13, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator

Neville and Ginny were dancing nearby -- he could see Ginny wincing frequently as Neville trod on her feet...