Shell Cottage Scene for Deathly Hallows to be Filmed in Wales?

DH Film
March 13, 2009, 06:43 AM

Here is a bit of news that is perhaps very cool and a bit sad for fans as well, as there are reports of a possible location for filming of the emotional scenes at Shell cottage in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Western Telegraph is reporting today that crews from WB have apparently been in the South Pembrokeshire coastal areas in Wales, scouting for a location that will be used for filming DH this summer. Quotage as follows:

"It is understood location staff from film company Warner Brothers have visited Pembrokeshire and booked hotel and self-catering accommodation in the area ahead of their arrival to film during early summer.

The seaside scenes in the book relate to the fictional village of Tinworth in Cornwall, the location of Shell Cottage where young wizards Harry, Ron and Hermione take shelter.

A spokesman for the Harry Potter production team said no specific locations for the film could be confirmed."

As noted in the article, WB has not confirmed this possible location for Deathly Hallows filming. We will continue to follow the story, updates when we get them!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Peeps_thumb

Ah, that would be so nice! :) I’ve never been but ALWAYS wanted to go someday. It sounds absolutely beautiful for Shell Cottage.

…and the delicious-looking pizza on the side of my page is NOT helping my gushing! AT ALL! haha

Posted by iWeasley on March 13, 2009, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

This looks perfect for Shell cottage.

Posted by snapealicious on March 13, 2009, 09:20 AM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Nice! Its gonna be a heck of a year filled with news like this. We need to enjoy it to the fullest since it will be the last time. Bitter sweet. If I have my way this is where the split will take place.

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 13, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Profilebild_thumb

hm…so does it mean tey’ll bring Dobby back? What about Bill and Fleur? Or will they make Shell Cottage just abandoned house somewhere at the sea?

Posted by Alatarielle on March 13, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_03_thumb

Yay!! I agree with most of the comments I read that they better have Dobby in the film or I will be very mad. I hope they get the Shell Cottage scene right. I just wonder at what point will they split the book.

Posted by Gryffindorprincess09 on March 13, 2009, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

That sounds like a great location for Shell Cottage to me! I’m so glad that they are not cutting it our of the film!

Posted by wizardinventor on March 13, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I’m so glad they’re going to have Shell Cottage! I’m pretty sure I’ve read that Dobby is going to be in the DH movies, but do you think this means Bill and Fleur will be there too???

Posted by Agrippa1 on March 13, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator
40320resize_thumb

Wow. I wonder what Shell Cottage is gonna look like.

Posted by Athena ★ROAR!★ on March 13, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Janeaustenfont_thumb

Interesting…I knew they wouldn’t cut Shell Cottage…hopefully we’ll have Clemence Posey back, and the Bill rumour turns out to be true!! Gosh, can’t wait!!

Posted by Prenz13 on March 13, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

After the reviews for the advance screening of HBP I sure hope they do this one right – and that means Dobby!!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 13, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

I’m hopeful, but also a bit pessimistic. They can still choose to leave the whole scene out. They’ve made much worse cuts in the past. Actually I’m a bit confused, because I was sure they were going to cut Shell Cottage. Maybe they’re…um…I can’t think of whatever else they could be doing out there. So…yeah, hopeful still.

Posted by ScottMan on March 13, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Dsc06960_39501345_thumb

They better find the perfect place for Dobby!

Posted by hippochip on March 13, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Patronus_part_2_004_thumb

of course they have to have the Shell Cottage scene. It’s a huge part of the story line. They’re splitting it into two parts so that hopefully means they’ll get most of it right this time!

Posted by skiving snackboxes on March 13, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

This is exciting news, although it will be totally heartbreaking to watch these scenes … I’m unsure as to how they’re going to build up Dobby’s importance, and his friendship with Harry, having forgotten to include him in the previous movies. It is such a tearjerker scene, but much of that is because we’ve gotten to know & love Dobby over the years. To anyone that hasnt read the books, Dobby’s just some House Elf that appeared long ago in the CoS movie :(

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 13, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

I hope they get a really nice house! Like Shell cottage. The views will hopefully be beautiful!

Posted by AbiDumbledore on March 13, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator

"What d'you mean, 'we all hate Hagrid'?" Harry spat at Malfoy. "What's this rubbish about [i]him[/i]" -- he pointed at Crabbe -- "getting a bad bite off a flobberworm? They haven't even got teeth!"[br]Crabbe was sniggering, apparently very pleased with hi