Rita Skeeter Writes for The Sun

Movies
March 13, 2009, 02:22 PM

Balderdash is our word of the day, as it turns out the story in the Sun from a few days ago regarding a possible second screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is false. WB has confirmed to Leaky that there was no "secret" second screening of the sixth Harry Potter movie held as was claimed. For in an effort that would no doubt make Rita Skeeter proud, The Sun engaged in a bit of creative writing with their piece, as the comments were obtained from an article seen on Aint it Cool regarding the actual test screening held last fall.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Mefleming_thumb

Good to know that the sun is upholding the highest standards of journalism.

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on March 13, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator

I was hoping that they were making up the comments as well. As a person who has lived in the UK for a year, I know not to take anything the Sun post first as a fact. There are mean Rita Skeeters working on that paper. They love to make things up and put a negative spin on it. They are just in it to make drama and spread unhappiness. :(

Posted by Sophie on March 13, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
55_thumb

I’ve just been on ‘Aint it cool’ and read the reviews for the acttual screen testing. It sounds like they’ve handled the ending VERY badly. Now I’m scared :(. What if they’ve changed it and people who have not read the books might not understand! AHHH scared.

Posted by Prongs. on March 13, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

Figures.

Posted by snapealicious on March 13, 2009, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

Nothing would surprise mw with The Sun! for those of you in the USA it is a very popular tabloid paper that spends much of it’s time reporting absolute rubbish. I have say I was not at all worried when I read the source of yesterdays report.
Honestly guys don’t worry if The Sun ever says somethings rubbish it’s probably great.

Posted by pinkmoosely on March 13, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

Oh Rita, when will you learn?

Posted by rebel on March 13, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator

Does this mean all of those comments that the movie has changed and is “too sappy” are false? I didn’t understand how that could be in any case…

Posted by Beowulf on March 13, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Old_school_025__2__thumb

Shocker! Not one person quoted in that article liked the movie… that’s just not possible

Posted by Lis Lovegood on March 13, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

Well, I can’t say that’s much of a surprise, really.

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on March 13, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Sirius2_thumb

I never realised it had been reported by The Sun, but it all makes sense now. I read the story about the supposed second screening on Yahoo last night and started panicking. But if those comments are months old, WB have had a chance to make changes, after all, that’s what test screenings are for.

Posted by SnapesSister on March 13, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator

Gah. Every movie site I go to has that false article up! It’s ridiculous. One site says that Harry Potter fans are threatening to revolt? What? Are they so desperate for news that they have to make up crap such as that? Some of these sites are just as bad as The Sun.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on March 13, 2009, 03:50 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

The Sun sure knows how to stir up trouble!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 13, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

When I read it before I was like ‘uh, so everyone now hates it when most comments I read from last time were positive? Doesn’t seem likely.’ and since it was the Sun I kinda figured it was a) wrong and b) done for maximum shock value so I didn’t believe it. Still, it’s sad that people elsewhere don’t have the real story.

Posted by Harry's Horntail on March 13, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

lol The Sun fails at everything.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on March 13, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

Too bad the story was picked up by the Guardian, the Examiner and other publications around the world as beint the truth:
I knew it was b.s.

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on March 13, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator

"You mean you're [i]running away[/i]?" said Harry disbelievingly. "After all that stuff you did in your books --"[br]"Books can be misleading," said Lockhart delicately.[br]"You wrote them!" Harry shouted.