Return of Lego Harry Potter Game Rumors

Video Games
March 13, 2009, 02:49 PM

The mystery of a possible LEGO Harry Potter game continues, as new reports state that such a game is in development. Previously, we had heard the highly anticipated Harry Potter video game was not on the slate for this year, however, today reports state that the online resume of animator for Traveller's Tales, makers of the LEGO Star Wars and Batman series, read the following: "Am currently working as a Cutscene Animator on LEGO Harry Potter & LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull which are both in the early stages of production.”

However, when word of this spread via various game websites, the listing has since been removed. According to vg247, they spoke to the animator who confirmed the existence of the games: "That’s right,” she told us on the phone when asked if she was part of the games’ teams. But they’re not confirmed. I can’t really talk about them.”

Note: Since this is still very much unconfirmed, keep this in the rumor/uncertain category for now. Thanks Jonathan and Peggy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

I’ve never played a LEGO Harry Potter game. Hopefully, this is come out so I can try it. :p

Posted by on March 13, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

I’ve never played one of the LEGO games. Sounds fun, though.

Posted by snapealicious on March 13, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Photo_5_thumb

oh i want!!!!! lego HP would be AWESOME!!

Posted by NyssaM [FTC!!!!] on March 13, 2009, 03:27 PM report to moderator

There is Lego Star Wars, Indian Jones, and Batman. This would likely be the first one that I play!!!

Posted by Beowulf on March 13, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

I’ve never played LEGO games either, but they look really cool.

Posted by rebel on March 13, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Hpim0210_thumb

I never played a Lego game… but I heard they’re quite good, so I would definitively buy a LEGO HP

Posted by obockstal on March 13, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

TOTALLY CALLED IT! I totally called that they would be more likely to make a Lego HP before an HP MMORPG in the comments thread of the last post about video games! BOO-YAH!

Also, while it isn’t official confirmation, it pretty much is, at least, more so than we’ve had yet. WOOT!

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on March 13, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I’ve never played a LEGO game either. But I might try it!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 13, 2009, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar_thumb

Here’s hoping we get a lego game. Though I’d wonder if they would base it off the books or the movies.

Posted by Ilzairspar on March 13, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Puff_thumb

A great belated b-day present Sue! I can’t wait for this game.

Posted by KimmyBlair on March 13, 2009, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

I’ve played “Lego Star Wars” and it was very good but i’m not sure about Harry. Lego games are more like parodies with lot of jokes (including some spicy ones). Also, this “slip” happens quite often in the gaming industry so it might be true. Oh well, we’ll have to wait and see.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on March 13, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Zoidberg_thumb

To be honest if TT didn’t make a Harry Potter game, it’d be a great shame and a loss for them. However, rumours in the gaming industry tend to turn out like this and I wouldn’t be surprised to see this game next summer!

Posted by RedImp on March 13, 2009, 04:18 PM report to moderator
5252_132371244358_752189358_3172991_1166454_n_thumb

This would be sooo awesome

Posted by Dragongamer187 [FTC!] on March 13, 2009, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Dsc00592_thumb

Ooh I hope they make it! I love the Lego games!

Posted by Fuchsia [ROAR!] on March 13, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

that would be really cool :)

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on March 13, 2009, 04:25 PM report to moderator

"Let me through, please," came Percy's voice, and he came bustling importantly through the crowd. "What's the holdup here? You can't all have forgotten the password -- excuse me, I'm Head Boy --"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014