Rumor Alert: A Second Test Screening Held for Half-Blood Prince?

HBP Film
March 11, 2009, 09:37 PM

Hang on everyone, as The Sun is reporting tonight a second "secret" test screening for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was held yesterday. In true tabloid fashion, the paper declares that "the handful of devotees came out blasting film bosses for making key characters and plot-lines from JK ROWLING’s best-seller disappear...as if by magic." As such, the article contains only negative reactions to this supposed screening, with no details provided on where and when these comments were made. One example of reactions as the paper writes " the Half-Blood Prince of the title barely features. Worse still the film was slammed as too SOPPY."

To read more, click here. We are trying to obtain more information about this test screening and will update with more when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Srry for the double post but I hadn’t finished my comment XD

I can hardly believe that there was actually a screening test for the film. Why in the world would WB need some feedback of a film that’s already finished (edited and polished) and this close to the release. The point of a screening test is to get feedback from viewers so the company can edit the film and bend it a little more to the will of the spectators. I think The Sun made it all up to get some more readers which, I think, is pathetic.
And if there wàs a screening test, as The Sun recalls, the so called fans who were present, wouldn’t be real fans of Harry Potter, because I read a lot of comments where the true fans here and on other HP-sites really wanted to see the H/G and H/R and the other relations within Hogwarts. And if they were real fans, they should have known that there were only two memories, an added scene, no funeral (maybe) etc…
So I want to say that nobody must belive this rubbish.

Posted by Sorcererke on March 12, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator

Assuming the screening did take place, it seems to me that those comments are blown WAY out of proportion (“enraged fan”? That’s a bit strong, don’t you think?). It also seems as though some of the comments are copy-pasted from IMDb threads bashing the entire series.
“The film is dominated by romance”? Well so’s the book, which is why they added the Burrow scene and showed us the bridge’s destruction to keep the mood dark and the film less, as they so professionally put it, “soppy”. So I doubt anyone would call that addition unnecessary.
The cuts (such as the memories being reduced to two) and the additions (Burrow attack) we know of, and I haven’t seen any complaints around here, more of the opposite actually, so the comments in that article don’t seem credible at all.
And as for blowing away the surprise, I’m assuming they refer to Snape warning Harry to stay quiet. That actually ruins absolutely nothing. Let’s imagine DH still hasn’t been released, would it really have given away anything? In the book, Snape refuses to duel Harry, which gives away far more than a stay-silent gesture.(Just addressing a complaint from the first screening, which, unless I’m mistaken, is where the Sun got it from).
The trailers and the previews are mind-blowing, and a Leaky user saw the first test screening (IF there was a second) and described it as the best one yet, so I’m not worried at all.

Posted by lgghanem on March 12, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator

To be perfectly honest, the review doesn’t suprise me in the least bit. The last couple movies that I’ve walked out of I’ve been SO disappointed. Don’t get me wrong I still love them and nothings stopping me from going to see them!

Posted by Amber on March 12, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i HATE reviews, i don’t care who gives them—“fans” or critics—they are the stupidest thing on earth…i usually don’t have too much to complain about the WB versions and I am sure this movie is going to be great.

The-moose_thumb

So I have to say that I’ve been disappointed about many important characters & storylines being cut from HBP but I find it very hard to believe that a movie that was due to be released last year will actually be delayed again, to add more scenes. To me, it sounds like a newspaper trying to get a reaction.

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 12, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Photo_1129_thumb

Never trust anything posted in the Sun.
But if it is true, each to their own, i guess.

Posted by aymzie on March 12, 2009, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

It’s the SUN. They prolly made it all up. Until I hear from someone who was defintely there, I’ll not believe a word.

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on March 12, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Well I’m just going to believe what Dan and Rupert both said in interviews. They said it was a good script and that we would love it.

Posted by Cool G on March 12, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

This article means nothing, and it doesn’t mention anything we don’t know. The movies are never going to do the books justice and we’ve all accepted that. I still have high hopes for HBP though!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on March 12, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator

Everybody, please read this.

The article is complete rubbish. They say that there was a surprise screening for HBP, but none of those comments are new. As soon as I saw them in the article, I remembered reading them in reviews of the CHICAGO test screening last year.

Many of those comments were taken from Rachel’s review on Leaky. The Sun took them way out of context, though. She herself said that it was better than Order of the Phoenix, and she certainly wasn’t THAT critical of the film.

They are also hypocrites. They said that the film was too light, but then they said it was too soppy? How can anybody take this trashy tabloid seriously? Somebody said this earlier, and they got it 100% right. Every good thing is pushed by the media, made popular, but after a while they start to try to tear it down. Look at Michael Jackson and Britney Spears. The media had a field day trying to drag them both down, they’re in the process of doing it with Miley Cyrus right now, and eventually they WILL do it to the Twilight Saga. It’s the way things are.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on March 12, 2009, 02:16 PM report to moderator
N718406809_1203833_1910

Wouldn’t surprise me if this were true.

WB will only get the numbers that the film is successful, which it will be, in terms of ticket sales. They will not understand or care that more and more fans are only seeing the films grudgingly, having committed themselves long ago.

Again, I hope for a Potterverse equivalent of Peter Jackson to come along and make these properly at some point.

Posted by JennaSaisPas on March 12, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator

JennaSaisPas wrote, “They (WB) will not understand or care that more and more fans are only seeing the films grudgingly, having committed themselves long ago.”

So, don’t go to see them. You know how the story ends.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on March 12, 2009, 03:01 PM report to moderator

im not even going to pay this any mind. Im still excited and im going to wait to see it myself before i judge it or overreacte

Posted by KaraDawlish on March 12, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Img_7836_thumb

i hope its not trueeee.

Posted by kira902k on March 12, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Safe_image_thumb

DUDE MY DAY JUST GOT RUINED, I AM SO DOWN RIGHT NOW IS NOT EVEN FUNNY.

Posted by Picazo on March 12, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator

"[Honeydukes has] [i]everything[/i].... Pepper Imps -- they make you smoke at the mouth -- and great fat Chocoballs full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream, and really excellent sugar quills, which you can suck in class and just look like you're think