Rumor Alert: A Second Test Screening Held for Half-Blood Prince?

HBP Film
March 11, 2009, 09:37 PM

Hang on everyone, as The Sun is reporting tonight a second "secret" test screening for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was held yesterday. In true tabloid fashion, the paper declares that "the handful of devotees came out blasting film bosses for making key characters and plot-lines from JK ROWLING’s best-seller disappear...as if by magic." As such, the article contains only negative reactions to this supposed screening, with no details provided on where and when these comments were made. One example of reactions as the paper writes " the Half-Blood Prince of the title barely features. Worse still the film was slammed as too SOPPY."

To read more, click here. We are trying to obtain more information about this test screening and will update with more when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Randoms_012_thumb

As others have said, the Sun is wubbish; more could be achieved by buying proper toilet rolls ;)
That rag will print anything, it’s the muggle version of The Daily Prophet.

Posted by catearsandpockylove on March 12, 2009, 10:14 AM report to moderator

Hey, it’s the Sun. And I never listen to anyone else’s opinion about films anyway. Only MY opinion counts.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on March 12, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator
40320resize_thumb

Do people read The Sun? I’ve heard nothing but negative things on that paper so I’m gonna believe the opposite of whatever they report.

HBP sounds amazing!

Posted by Athena ★ROAR!★ on March 12, 2009, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts_l_thumb

I hope it isn’t real, the trailers look reasonably well, but if we think bout last movie.. my hopes aren’t high

Posted by Ithilien on March 12, 2009, 10:38 AM report to moderator

The day I trust ‘The Sun’ and its journalism will be a very sad day indeed. Maybe it’s just me, but ‘Half Blood Prince’ was so hormone driven, that to exclude or hold back on the romance wouldn’t do it justice. There is always a compromise that has to be made, some elements of the book have to be axed or the films would never get made at all.

Personally I can’t wait for this film and will not go in with subjective journalism influencing my expectations of the film, I urge fellow fans to do the same.

Posted by DeProfundis on March 12, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator

The Sun exists to make money out of the subliterate. It rarely has anything positive to say about anyone unless they are female and willing to take their clothes off to titilate its “readers”.
You can this article with a pinch of stuff that does not even closely resemble salt.

Posted by Capt Swing on March 12, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_half_blood_prince_poster7_thumb

nah i think they’re lying. critics hate to admit they actually liked it. i still think that the movie will be the best one yet!

Posted by dianadavid95 on March 12, 2009, 10:50 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

in that report on of the fans said “It partially blows what may be the biggest surprise of the entire franchise”. i think that might be the whole “snape telling harry to be quiet” thing we heard about. maybe they did do it in a way that blows the whole shock of “is snape good or bad”.

Posted by HollyHogwarts *Roar* on March 12, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Patronus_part_2_004_thumb

I’m calling shenanigans on The Sun.

Posted by skiving snackboxes on March 12, 2009, 11:03 AM report to moderator
71_thumb

What the execs usually do is fire the composer, reshoot a couple of scenes and edit some more.
Problem is: Yates is probably not the kind of director who manages to grasp the core of the story: seeing that he’s focussing on lovestories, he’s aiming to please at the box office. Imagine Cuarón doing this and the last two…
Snape is VITAL in this installment and the next two and should be prominent!
I cross my fingers but fear the worst…

Posted by Cyrillus Van Helmont on March 12, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
1956p_thumb

i’m hardly affected by somebody else’s negative opinion about something i like but, man, it really annoys me sometimes. i do believe part of the film will feature romance but i hope the producers will know how to balance it all as it happens in the book. let’s not pay attention to these rumors and feel disappointed even before we have a chance to actually see the film.

Posted by cleber*ROAR!* on March 12, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator

Please tell me you are not believing The Sun!!! They are the UKs National Inquirer!!! For heaven’s sake they have an article on their home page about a horse eating privates!! Seriously, The Sun is the equivalent of The Quibbler before they started writing about Harry and how everyone should help if they see him! Besides, the reviews of these people are complete and udder lies! To say that the movie has none of the book in it is a complete and total exaggeration, mean to stir people up. This is also an attempt for them to try and get more readers! Just ignore it and it might go away!!

Posted by MuggleMan1 on March 12, 2009, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Jk-j-k-rowling-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-unabridged-compact-discs_thumb
I didn’t see that the Sun published this article at first, so I changed my mind about the post before. I am a Harry Potter fan like everyone else here and I will enjoy the movie for what it is. I also know that the books and movies are two seperate things and I enjoy them both because I am a Harry Potter.

I love everything that has to do with Harry Potter which includes books, movies, figures, games and so much more.

Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on March 12, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
54e418b51d8db03a8e6d72ec049e9220_5844030_thumb

they are just being negative to stir up trouble…

Posted by E.Weasley. [ravenvlog ♥'s me] {WBM} on March 12, 2009, 12:34 PM report to moderator

I can hardly believe that there was actually a screening test for the film. Why in the world would WB need some feedback of a film that’s already finished (edited and polished) and this close to the release. The point of a screening test is to get feedback from viewers so the company can edit the film and bend it a little more to the will of the spectators. I think The Sun made it all up to get some more readers which, I think, is pathetic.
And if there was a screening test, as The Sun recalls, the so called fans, who were present, wouldn’t be real fans of Harry Potter, because I rea

Posted by Sorcererke on March 12, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator

"You [i]fainted,[/i] Potter? Is Longbottom telling the truth? You actually [i]fainted?"[/i][br]"Shove off, Malfoy," said Ron, whose jaw was clenched.[br]"Did you faint as well, Weasley?" said Malfoy loudly. "Did the scary old dementor frighten you too, We