LeakyNews.com

Rumor Alert: A Second Test Screening Held for Half-Blood Prince?

HBP Film
March 11, 2009, 09:37 PM

Hang on everyone, as The Sun is reporting tonight a second "secret" test screening for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was held yesterday. In true tabloid fashion, the paper declares that "the handful of devotees came out blasting film bosses for making key characters and plot-lines from JK ROWLING’s best-seller disappear...as if by magic." As such, the article contains only negative reactions to this supposed screening, with no details provided on where and when these comments were made. One example of reactions as the paper writes " the Half-Blood Prince of the title barely features. Worse still the film was slammed as too SOPPY."

To read more, click here. We are trying to obtain more information about this test screening and will update with more when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Ced_thumb

Granted I don’t like some of the parts of the director’s ideas, but hey!- This is Harry Potter and no matter how it’s made, it always ends up being very eventful!

So I don’t think there’s anything to worry about a srewed up report like that!

Posted by AatiMuoaS | SaouMitaA on March 12, 2009, 08:29 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Bottom line, I refuse to get worked up about it. I’ll make my own call on the movie when I see it…like every other movie I see.

Posted by Lillylove on March 12, 2009, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Cool_thumb

I don’t know what to think. Personally, I don’t think David Yates is the right director for these films—in my opinion he completely ruined OOTP. Just the fact that he is directing these last momentous moments of HP really makes me nervous. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted by weB3now on March 12, 2009, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Maraudersmap_thumb

I’m holding off any comments until I can see the movie myself. I’m just REALLY hoping it’s going to stand up to the previous films and that certain “scenes” were filmed with the intensity and emotion of the books and not as an after thought.

Posted by rhadamenthes {ROAR} on March 12, 2009, 08:57 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

There is a lot of smoke of this film sucking.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on March 12, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Photo-42438_thumb

I’ve never agreed with critics on any given movie. Also we have to remember the movies are always made for “movie goers” not the readers. I’ll just wait and see for myself in July.

Posted by Tx Highlife on March 12, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

I’ve always felt the HBP movie was changing too much, but then again, this is The Sun we’re talking about.

Posted by ScottMan on March 12, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

There are a lot of the plot elements in the trailers. None of the films, so far, have been page-by page the books. If this realy was a test screening, maybe some editing will be done to fix any real problems.

Posted by budgie on March 12, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator

This has me worried…

Posted by jenbabe705 on March 12, 2009, 09:31 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

One thing that strikes me this morning is the absence of any confirmation from a fan

Leaky fans would have been quick to contact Melissa or Sue, or would have been posting in this thread already. The absence of any detailed eye-witness information makes me wonder if the event took place. Not impossible, but it seems implausible.

but, we’ll still go to the movie, and buy the dvd….

Posted by budb on March 12, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Jk-j-k-rowling-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-unabridged-compact-discs_thumb
Well I change my opinion about the comments I posted before, because IA am a huge Harry Potter fan and I love to go see all of the films when they come out. It’s just sometimes hard for me to enjoy the films with what they cut and change around.

What I have to remember is that the books and movies are two different things,
and that I should be happy they are making the books into movies at all. I also should enjoy the movie adaptations for what they are.

Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on March 12, 2009, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Yes Harry Potter is the best, will be forever and always will be my favorite bookseries. Harry Potter is the world to which I escape and when I am having a crummy day it cheers me up to read and see Harry Potter.
Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on March 12, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator
I have read all of the Anne Of Green Gables and saw the third AOGG movie and thought that it wasn’t good at all and that was a totally butchering of AOGG.
Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on March 12, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

It probably is an exaggeration.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 12, 2009, 09:58 AM report to moderator

“The Sun” is the muggle version of “The Daily Prophet” and its editor in chief is Rita Skeeter… take it with a truckload of salt.

Posted by Count Westwest on March 12, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?