LeakyNews.com

Rumor Alert: A Second Test Screening Held for Half-Blood Prince?

HBP Film
March 11, 2009, 09:37 PM

Hang on everyone, as The Sun is reporting tonight a second "secret" test screening for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was held yesterday. In true tabloid fashion, the paper declares that "the handful of devotees came out blasting film bosses for making key characters and plot-lines from JK ROWLING’s best-seller disappear...as if by magic." As such, the article contains only negative reactions to this supposed screening, with no details provided on where and when these comments were made. One example of reactions as the paper writes " the Half-Blood Prince of the title barely features. Worse still the film was slammed as too SOPPY."

To read more, click here. We are trying to obtain more information about this test screening and will update with more when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

16203961-90237a1f008e930988d1722cde5c4947_4a5443f1-scaled_thumb

I’m not going to take this news seriously. I mean honestly, last time there was a ‘secret’ screening, someone, somewhere was a fan, and notified the hp community. And have there been multiple screenings with any of the other movies when it was so far away? I’ve only heard of the on thats normally in Chicago. I’m not worried one bit! :)

Posted by cliff62442 on March 12, 2009, 12:34 AM report to moderator
Lindseyleia_thumb

The Sun is a bit of an odd paper. The seem to break true stories alongside total rubbish…I never know what to think when it is reported by the sun. While the trailers look wicked I do fear that the movie is going to follow more of its own invented plot line (to sell tickets) than the one presented in the books. We all know that HBP isn’t the most straight forward of the books, with it’s flashbacks and memories and internal musings, so it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if this one is off.

Posted by Gertie Keddle {WBM} on March 12, 2009, 12:34 AM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

I’m wondering how reliable this is…..

Posted by Sarabi on March 12, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Screw the Sun. The media just wants to see the films fail now. They’ve been insinuating it ever since DH was released with their speculations on the shelf life of the fandom and comparisons with Twilight. They’re bored with HP’s success. Another HP movie/book becoming a record breaking hit isn’t really a story anymore so what’s next? The same thing that always does when something or someone reaches that level of success. The negative press takes over of course. Its quite the true statement when people say that the media builds you up just to break you down. You see it all the time which is why I’m going to save my opinions on HBP until I’ve seen it myself. I’ll believe this story once we have confirmation there was in fact two more screenings and hear from an actual fan. Besides its not like we didn’t all know already that they’d cut out a lot of things we didn’t expect/want cut.

Posted by bella vita on March 12, 2009, 01:03 AM report to moderator

Helooo..has anybody paid attention to the word “secret” screening. When did it happen and where, what theater. It’s annoying if the Sun is trying to stir up some trouble and give the movie a bad publicity, that’s why I DON’T READ THE SUN. And no matter what they say, I will still go to the PREMIER showing and regular screening 3X, hah!

Posted by harrmione55 on March 12, 2009, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Wo wo wo. . . . . don’t believe everythin they says. . . . . Keep ur finger cross. . . :)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 12, 2009, 01:33 AM report to moderator
Hagid_potterpuff_thumb

well until i see more concrete proof this “secret” test screening happened, ill be take the comments with an entire bag of salt, the source of this is a bit dubious in my opinion any way

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 ~Prongs~ ( J.O.R.) on March 12, 2009, 01:34 AM report to moderator

Ok, the book is soppy. So anybody against those romances clearly didn’t read the sixth book.

Posted by Bradyboy on March 12, 2009, 01:46 AM report to moderator

And If its soppy isn’t that a good thing?

Posted by Bradyboy on March 12, 2009, 01:49 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

well i for one refuse to condemn this film until i have seen it myself. i think that it looks amazing, and its already my favourite movie, and i understand that they cant have everything and everyone. ive got to say, i will be disappointed if they dont adequately explain the whole Half Blood Prince thing, but i still think it will be a wonderful movie, and the sun sounds like something that horrible skeeter woman would write =D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on March 12, 2009, 01:59 AM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

Did anyone here actually go to the screening????
Everybody is already agitated from the late release
& now this!!!

Posted by sakuranbo07 on March 12, 2009, 03:08 AM report to moderator
Weasleycar_thumb

Somehow I find it difficult to put that much into something a tabloid is saying… I mean, what would get more people to read it? Saying that the new Harry Potter movie looks to be really good, or that it looks to be awful and disappointing? They are just loooking to disrupt things.

Posted by But Hagrid... on March 12, 2009, 03:21 AM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

If this is true, then I won’t be surprised – but I will be very disappointed if they’ve dramatically cut Snape’s role :(

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on March 12, 2009, 03:31 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I don’t really trust The Sun so much. :P So I guess I’ll wait for a more accurate information about this. :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 12, 2009, 05:24 AM report to moderator

hahah they wrote ’’dumlebore’’

Posted by neopolitandreams17 on March 12, 2009, 05:25 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?