More on Casting of Dung Fletcher and Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
March 10, 2009, 07:28 AM

A followup today regarding our two previous reports of possible casting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Good News: As TLC first reported a few days ago, actor Andy Linden (photo here) has indeed been cast in the role of dodgy Order of the Phoenix member Mundungus Fletcher, according to his agents who confirmed this directly to TLC.

Broadway World.com is also now reporting that Domhnall Gleeson "is expected to sign on for the final installment of the big screen’s blockbuster Harry Potter series, The Deathly Hallows." As we noted previously, the son of Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody), Domhnall (photo here) will take on the role of Bill Weasley. Filming is currently underway for both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in London, England.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Doctor_who_5_thumb

Interesting.

Posted by I've got a theory... *ROAR* on March 10, 2009, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Acciobooks_thumb

Yay, I’m glad these rumors are true- Dung is great and Bill is sexy!

Posted by potterhead23 on March 10, 2009, 07:40 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Good. . . :) good luck to both of them. . . . . n release date for hbp also out. . . :)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 10, 2009, 07:52 AM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Hallelujah! I am so happy about this that if I was so tired and grumpy I’d be singing and skipping around the house right now. Chamber of Secrets was on the disney channel twice last night did anyone else catch it? And don’t even ask what a 22yr old is doing watching disney, but I was checking the tv listings looking for something else yesterday morning and naturally the words “Harry Potter” instantly had my attention. Watching it reminded me of how brilliant and perfect many of the castings have been. I mean Kenneth Brannagh as Lockheart and one of my personal favorite of course Jason Isaacs as Lucius. I must admit I think my all time favorite is Helena being cast as Bellatrix.

Posted by bella vita on March 10, 2009, 08:04 AM report to moderator
Playermodel

all in all good choices.

but once again the only problem that i have is with dung because i always saw him as a bit younger just ragged and looks like he hasn’t slept in weeks.

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on March 10, 2009, 08:17 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I am so excited that the rumors were true! Brendon is going to be an awesome Bill!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 10, 2009, 08:20 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

squee,good news :)

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on March 10, 2009, 08:22 AM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

Yeah, great news! Domhnall really looks like he’ll be a good Bill.

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on March 10, 2009, 08:27 AM report to moderator
Me_chris_snap_thumb

Just get Clemence Poesy back and it’s all good!

Posted by Vineeth Thomas on March 10, 2009, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

That is very good news! Squee! They’ll be great.

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on March 10, 2009, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

woo woo!

Posted by rebel on March 10, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Th_names_thumb

I’m curious to see how this will work out. Will Bill and Fleur just have a wedding out of the blue? Will it be Tonk and Remus and totally NOT canon? hmm…

Posted by Ginevra86 on March 10, 2009, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

bella vita, don’t worry. I’m 24 and i watch disney still. :P Ginevra86, i think there might be a one liner from Ron in the 6th—or at least I’m hoping will mention Bill marrying Fleur. :) Otherwise, i’m out of ideas as to how they’d make the smooth transition. I think Domhall and Andy will do a good job, i’m glad that both of these characters are cast, it gives me faith that the movie will be what we hope it is. :)

Posted by scarletti1 on March 10, 2009, 09:03 AM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Well at least shell cottage should be in but until we hear something about Fleur then we still don’t know about the wedding.

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 10, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Hat_thumb

Yay! I still wish they’d put Dung in OotP though. I wanted to see Mrs.Figg beat him up with her cat food. LOL! =]

Posted by gryffindorgal87 ~*RoAr!*~ on March 10, 2009, 09:21 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Did you check the lunar chart and realize that I was always ill at the full moon? Or did you realize that the boggart changed into the moon when it saw me?"[br]"Both," Hermione said quietly.[br]Lupin forced a laugh.[br]"You're the cleverest witch of your