International Release Dates for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
March 10, 2009, 07:16 AM

WB has officially posted the list of international release dates for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. As seen here via the film's website, many countries such as France, Denmark, Italy, and Egypt will see the movie first on July 15th, with those of us here in the US and UK to see the movie on July 17, 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

YES! HK will be 16th =)

Posted by ZoKwok on March 10, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator

YES! HK will be 16th =)

Posted by ZoKwok on March 10, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Dsc00285_thumb

Woot woot! Belgium is one of the first! SQUEE xD Let’s have a party :D

Posted by Rikshei on March 10, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Bb0d8cadc6614c0d_thumb

Why no Ireland? Are we so insignificant that people still assume we are part of the UK??
That’s very annoying. For a small country we stick by people in the arts with a large film going/gig going/book buying public. Warner Brothers should know better than to just ignore us completely!!!!

Posted by Sirius_Craic on March 10, 2009, 11:39 AM report to moderator
40320resize_thumb

Aww why can’t it come out on the 15th here? Oh well. I guess two days isn’t so bad.

Posted by Athena ★ROAR!★ on March 10, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

YES I’m going to be able to see it on THE 17

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on March 10, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Hpsf_rep_thumb

Why oh, why are we the only country that we have to wait until the 27 of AUGUST? This is so typical, blame the greek summer and the holidays when everyone leaves and goes to the islands..

GREECE -27 OF AUGUST…. 1 MONTH LATER… I still can’t believe it…

Posted by Ioli on March 10, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Dsc05228_thumb

Blast…. I think I might just have to move:)

Posted by ProfKnight on March 10, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

Ugh, I’m so annoyed at this. Not going to come online AT ALL between the 15th and 17th! I don’t want it ruined! Why is it the home of HP gets it two days later?

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on March 10, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

cool!

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Croatia 23 jul? oh dear..I’ll have to boycott Leaky and youtube from 15-23 july.I can’t wait!

Posted by Matea on March 10, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Da_copy_thumb

Right. I’m going to Italy, France or Belgium to watch it, lol. Actually, why not, France is practically next door albeit just on the other side of the English Channel! Then back here for the London Premier. Sorted!

Feeling sorry for the Chinese though, they havent got a release date yet. Come to think of it, there are a lot of countries missing there. Strange categorising. Asia Pacific? Latin America? What the? WB is making up their own world atlas or something. My parents home country Guyana, which is in South America is missing and so are all the Carribbean islands. Just observing!

Posted by Professor Potter on March 10, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

OMFG I’m gonna hunt them down with my wand and put it in their noses! 27th of AUGUST?! And it it’s even more annoying if we consider that before the delay we were one of the countries that would get the movie first. Pathetic. And yes UK should have the world premiere, it’s Harry’s country.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on March 10, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Maraudersmap_thumb

Glad I don’t live in Greece! August 27th release date. I couldn’t wait that long knowing HBP was released in other countries a month earlier. Sorry HP fans in Greece. Maybe you need to see about taking a vacation in another country to see the film sooner.

Posted by rhadamenthes {ROAR} on March 10, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Hpim0210_thumb

yeah for Belgium with release dates on Wednesdays !

Posted by obockstal on March 10, 2009, 03:01 PM report to moderator

"Listen to me, reliving family history..." he said quietly, "why, I am growing quite sentimental..."