Emma Watson Photo Spread in Crash Magazine

Watson
Posted by: Edward
March 10, 2009, 06:39 PM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) is set to grace the cover of the newest issue of French fashion magazine Crash, which will also feature a photo spread of the young actress.  A number of images from the photo spread are now online care of our Image Galleries, and show the young actress modeling a variety of different looks.

Thanks to Jade for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Photo_95_thumb

i love them! i think the pictures are very interesting and she’s a great model :D

Posted by vomit on March 10, 2009, 08:20 PM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

that magazine is so cool

Posted by rebel on March 10, 2009, 08:20 PM report to moderator

I thought I would be in the minority and labeled an old fuddy-duddy! I’m glad to see so many agree that Emma would do better to stick to a more traditional style that lets her youthful beauty shine through.

This looks like a publicity shoot for “Twilight!”

Posted by Butterbeer on March 10, 2009, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

She looks glamorous as always. It is impossible sometimes to believe how beautiful she is.

Posted by Kirk on March 10, 2009, 08:35 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I’m not sure how I feel about these photos yet. However, I disagree with people missing the old Emma. She hasn’t lost her innocence by going “high fashion.” That just means she’s classy. I may not understand the art, but I can still appreciate it’s gesture. She has my respect. I’d rather see her doing this than something trashy.

Posted by eiVega on March 10, 2009, 08:35 PM report to moderator

I don´t know. Maybe my mind is going. I can feel it. But am I the only one who sees her range in this? This woman has range. She refuses to fit a single drawer. She wants to zoom around the entire dressing room. Not every picture of her is showing her. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don´t. She is an actress who also does still photography. These pictures aren´t about Emma, but the clothes she is presenting. This photoshoot is a job like playing Hermione or Pauline. And here, she even worked with someone she considers a genius, as she says in the interview.

Yes, you all can have an opinion about the style and design of the shoot. But this is the artists vision, in this case this Karl Lagerfeld guy who seems to have some background in fashion, and not necessarily a set of photos showing that Emma Watson is a beautiful young woman. What types of shoots she does and how far she goes along with the artists vision is up to her. Personally, I like the Ellen von Unwerth photoshoot better, but these are amazing also.

(slight hint of sarcasm in this post)

Posted by Fonty on March 10, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

She looks stunning, no matter how silly the dresses/outfits are. Having said that, I could have done without the white eyebrows and extra-white face… she looks amazing without any of that make-up. Definitely not my favorite shoot, granted I’m not into the haute couture thing, but she still looks good. I’m glad that she’s expressing herself and doing what she likes :)

Posted by PineappleCrush on March 10, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Mmm, very reminiscent of Twiggy in the 1960’s. Emma’s face is very classical and therefore adaptable in the hands of a good makeup artist, which is very useful for an actress.

Posted by Graymayne on March 10, 2009, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I definitely don’t think this is her best look! She is so beautiful and elegant and that gets lost in this shoot. And please…the girl needs her eyebrows! But hey, it’s always fun to do something a little different/out of character from time to time. Just hope this one doesn’t stick!!! YIKES!

Posted by Lillylove on March 10, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

A little weird. . . No offense to Emma, just weird costumes.

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on March 10, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Lights-_by_hakupuff_thumb

Not my favorite, but I always like seeing new and interesting looks.

Posted by Samantha on March 10, 2009, 08:57 PM report to moderator
Green_avatar_thumb

I’m not really sure I like the pictures. She looks a little evil in the outfits, to be honest. But she looks great, either way!

Posted by 3 Weasley Twin (ROAR!) ~{WWW Employee}~ on March 10, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Wow. That makeup job is spooky.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 10, 2009, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Fangirl_thumb

Wow, very different from the quaint and humble Miss Granger look we’re used to seeing her as. I like that she’s doing something different and isn’t just staying in a “Hermione” bubble. :)

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 10, 2009, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Animelissa_thumb

I think the photo styling is great: more “model-esque” and less “pretty-pretty.”

Posted by molasses on March 10, 2009, 09:35 PM report to moderator

"It's Tonks."[br]"-- Nymphadora Tonks, who prefers to be known by her surname only," finished Lupin.[br]"So would you if your fool of a mother had called you 'Nymphadora,'" muttered Tonks.