ABC Family to Broadcast Harry Potter Weekend this Month

Movies
March 01, 2009, 08:36 AM

ABC Family will be broadcasting another one of those "Harry Potter Weekend" events this month. In the past, the cable channel has included new previews of the upcoming Harry Potter films during the course of the telecasts (as witnessed last December), however at this time we do not know if there will be new Half-Blood Prince previews due to show this month.

Starting next weekend, the first showing will be of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Friday, March 6 at 7:30pm (ET). Saturday, March 7th will see a mini-marathon starting with Sorcerer's Stone repeated at 12:30 pm, followed by Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at 4:00pm, and completed with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban at 8:00pm. Finally, Sunday, March 8th, ABC Family will broadcast another mini-marathon, this starting with Chamber of Secrets at 12:30pm, followed by Prisoner of Azkaban at 4:30pm, with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to be shown at 7:30pm (ET).

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Lily_et_harry_by_fonsalis_thumb

These movies are the bomb! I think this is a good excuse to watch al the movies before the sixth one comes out, in order, because that would normally take forever. And, I think to even show the movies on your channel, you have to pay money and bid for the rights to show it, and to have all 5 and preview must’ve cost a lot.

Posted by TimeTurnerFanx on March 02, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

YaY!! I love making tea and settling down to a weekend of Harry Potter. At this very moment I’m actually watching Sorcerer’s Stone on the Disney Channel if anyone’s interested…

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on March 02, 2009, 09:56 PM report to moderator
N1439614491_169156_6488_thumb

Another excuse to watch them.. Again…. = )

Posted by Melissa Anne on March 03, 2009, 10:57 AM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

No OotP? That’s odd. I don’t usually watch these marathons, but I don’t have any plans for the times that they’re going to be playing the films, so I think I might.

Posted by choirgeek on March 05, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Cool, I missed it when they did this the last time. I hope I can remember this time . . .

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on March 06, 2009, 05:45 PM report to moderator

[Mrs. Weasley] pointed to the brand-new silver badge on Percy's chest. "Second Head Boy in the family!" she said, swelling with pride.[br]"And last," Fred muttered under his breath.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014