ABC Family to Broadcast Harry Potter Weekend this Month

Movies
March 01, 2009, 08:36 AM

ABC Family will be broadcasting another one of those "Harry Potter Weekend" events this month. In the past, the cable channel has included new previews of the upcoming Harry Potter films during the course of the telecasts (as witnessed last December), however at this time we do not know if there will be new Half-Blood Prince previews due to show this month.

Starting next weekend, the first showing will be of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Friday, March 6 at 7:30pm (ET). Saturday, March 7th will see a mini-marathon starting with Sorcerer's Stone repeated at 12:30 pm, followed by Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at 4:00pm, and completed with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban at 8:00pm. Finally, Sunday, March 8th, ABC Family will broadcast another mini-marathon, this starting with Chamber of Secrets at 12:30pm, followed by Prisoner of Azkaban at 4:30pm, with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to be shown at 7:30pm (ET).

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

I absolutely love HP Weekends!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 01, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_avatar_thumb

Will there be clips of HP6 in between the movies?

Posted by RavenclawForever on March 01, 2009, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Luna_thumb

I don’t think their will be clips from HP6 because they are advertising a new movie “race to witch mountain” with the ads for this, so I think they will be previewing that…. boo. But, its still fun to have them on!

Posted by LoveforLuna [Eagle] [WBM] on March 01, 2009, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

Yay! I love Harry Potter weekends :D

Posted by Sarabi on March 01, 2009, 10:15 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I love watching the movies on ABC Family because all the deleted scenes they put in the movie, just makes them better! But I am just going to watch the DVD’s because I am cancling my cable because of economic funness we can no longer afford to pay for cable.

Posted by carebie on March 01, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Lilyjames_thumb

yay! i’m so excited!! but what about order?? are they just going to leave it out?

Posted by thewandofdestiny {WBM} on March 01, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator

Cool! I like how they include the deleted scenes. I hope they show more previews of HBP, but at this point I don’t think they will show anything we haven’t already seen. I can always dream, though.

Posted by badger666 on March 02, 2009, 02:57 AM report to moderator
Seniorphoto3_thumb

i love these weekends…i always watch the entire weekend..im such a dork

Posted by TheDeathlyHallows07 {WBM} on March 02, 2009, 03:11 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Awesome! I always love to see HP on tv. :)

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 02, 2009, 06:06 AM report to moderator

ooh i hope there is new footage! i don’t have a tv but i could probably go watch it at my friends house…

Posted by Freya-Storm on March 02, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I wish they would had Order of the Phoenix.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 02, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Stupifyavatar_thumb

Even though I have the dvds, I too try and catch these because (as others have noted) they cut in the deleted scenes. In fact a friend of mine only owns copies he recorded off of tv (except for the last two) for that reason. They should really include those “director’s cut” versions on the dvd.

I remember last time they did the HP marathon there was a rumor they were going to “direcor’s cut” GoF but it wasn’t. I guess there’s no such rumors this time.

Posted by Leif Longbottom on March 02, 2009, 10:14 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Yay! i cant wait for another weekend of Potter!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 02, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_bookart_april08_002_thumb

i like how they include the deleted scenes but i wonder why they did this…. are they trying to promote something? it seems too soon to be for HBP cause thats in july…. maybe a new trailer or something

Posted by iheartrw on March 02, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I’m like ChrstinePotter – I own the dvd’s but can’t resist watching when they show on TV – especially when they put in the deleted scenes!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 02, 2009, 01:52 PM report to moderator

"See what they've named themselves?" said Fudge quietly. [i]"Dumbledore's Army."[/i][br]Dumbledore reached out and took the piece of parchment from Fudge...[br]"Well, the game is up," he said simply. "Would you like a written confession from me, Corneliu