ABC Family to Broadcast Harry Potter Weekend this Month

Movies
March 01, 2009, 08:36 AM

ABC Family will be broadcasting another one of those "Harry Potter Weekend" events this month. In the past, the cable channel has included new previews of the upcoming Harry Potter films during the course of the telecasts (as witnessed last December), however at this time we do not know if there will be new Half-Blood Prince previews due to show this month.

Starting next weekend, the first showing will be of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Friday, March 6 at 7:30pm (ET). Saturday, March 7th will see a mini-marathon starting with Sorcerer's Stone repeated at 12:30 pm, followed by Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at 4:00pm, and completed with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban at 8:00pm. Finally, Sunday, March 8th, ABC Family will broadcast another mini-marathon, this starting with Chamber of Secrets at 12:30pm, followed by Prisoner of Azkaban at 4:30pm, with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to be shown at 7:30pm (ET).

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

SCORE!!! Will be watching for damn sure!!

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on March 01, 2009, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

We can have our Slytherin watch party with chat.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on March 01, 2009, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

I never miss these marathons.. i always have to see them even if they clash w/ my plans.. i’ll cancel everything else and stay home watching HP…

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on March 01, 2009, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I love to turn in when ABC Family airs the movies because they show the deleted scenes. I usually tape them just in case they do sir sneek peeks from the upcoming movie!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 01, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator

Haha somehow i always end up watching it everytime too!!!! Lol oooi harry potter<3 and incase you want even more sorcerers stone is playing on disney channel at 8:00 pm tomarow!!!!

Posted by KaraDawlish on March 01, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I love these weekends :) even if i do have all the dvds. Idk why, I guess I just like seeing them broadcasted. It would be pretty cool if we did get some new previews ^^

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on March 01, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is unfortunate that I am going to have a busy weekend studying due to midterms. Otherwise, I would devote the entire weekend to watching the movies all over again!

I do hope that they include footage from the Half-Blood Prince!

Posted by Kirk on March 01, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

I always watch the marathons especially because they include the deleted scenes! I’m not sure it’s really necessary for us to get any new sneak peeks as of right now, though…

Posted by Rumbleroar! on March 01, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

That’s great ! They don’t do it on French TV… Oh well, maybe I’ll just watch the DVDs this weekend =P

L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Yeah they are kinda like a directors cut. I’m sure I’ll watch in passing even though I’ve got them all on DVD.

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 01, 2009, 02:57 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

These are always so fun! Especially because you have the deleted scenes!

Posted by Felipe on March 01, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator

I love watching these!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on March 01, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_2027_thumb

Even though I own all the movies, I still watch the movies! I love Harry Potter weekend, it is just so fun!

Posted by Harryfan24 ROAR! on March 01, 2009, 03:19 PM report to moderator

Nice, maybe I’ll watch GOF.

Posted by Bradyboy on March 01, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

I too own all the movies but will probably end up watching them anyway!

Posted by raven_puff on March 01, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator

"...this boy has as much chance of becoming an Auror as Dumbledore has of ever returning to this school."[br]"A very good chance, then," said Professor McGonagall.