ABC Family to Broadcast Harry Potter Weekend this Month

Movies
March 01, 2009, 08:36 AM

ABC Family will be broadcasting another one of those "Harry Potter Weekend" events this month. In the past, the cable channel has included new previews of the upcoming Harry Potter films during the course of the telecasts (as witnessed last December), however at this time we do not know if there will be new Half-Blood Prince previews due to show this month.

Starting next weekend, the first showing will be of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Friday, March 6 at 7:30pm (ET). Saturday, March 7th will see a mini-marathon starting with Sorcerer's Stone repeated at 12:30 pm, followed by Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at 4:00pm, and completed with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban at 8:00pm. Finally, Sunday, March 8th, ABC Family will broadcast another mini-marathon, this starting with Chamber of Secrets at 12:30pm, followed by Prisoner of Azkaban at 4:30pm, with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to be shown at 7:30pm (ET).

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I love these marathons because the movies are all complete. It’s SO time to release DVDs of the complete movies! But I guess they’re waiting until all the movies are out, and we’ve all bought complete DVD sets (and possibly complege Blu-Ray sets) and then they’ll release a super boxed set with the movies in their complete form, deleted scenes and all. And I’ll buy them, too, no matter how broke I am!

Posted by Agrippa1 on March 01, 2009, 10:57 AM report to moderator
Playermodel

hopefully they’ll have a few of the actors interviewed so that we can have there opinion on things.

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on March 01, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

I hope they have a sneak peak with new footage!

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on March 01, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I forget who asked this, but yeah ABC holds the rights to 1-4, HBO still holds the rights to number 5. However I have a feeling their (HBO’s) ownership will be ending soon. Probably right around June or July.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on March 01, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yes! i’ve been wondering how long it would be for one of these. hooray! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 01, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
06_thumb

I think the day they won’t do hp movies on abc family will be a very sad day.:)

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on March 01, 2009, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

sweet :)
I love watching them when they are on TV!

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on March 01, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i really like harry potter weekends, my tv stays on for the three days and I am happy! what about order of the phoenix??? :[

Picture_6_thumb

Yay, I’m excited! I really hope they have some new HBP footage.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on March 01, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Hagid_potterpuff_thumb

hmmm still no Order of the Phoenix maybe they are waiting on it til just before HBP hits theaters

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 ~Prongs~ ( J.O.R.) on March 01, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator

LoL. I always end up watching some of it too! I love Harry Potter. I have all the movies and books, but everytime I see it on TV, I have to stop and watch some of it. :p

Posted by on March 01, 2009, 12:01 PM report to moderator
Leia_thumb

Like so many others here, I too watch them on TV, just ‘cause. It IS fun (and strange) to watch them in a std. (non-WS) format, as the scene’s focus changes.

I hope they have some HBP stuff too — heck I’d be THRILLED just to see the featurette recently released (and included on the UK WB/HP website) as my TV screen is about twice the size of my monitor! Gotta love that!

Posted by Hagiographer13 on March 01, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

You guys are soooo lucky. I’m sitting here in rainy England and you get this lol! I suppose I could do this with DVD’s but somehow it doesn’t have the same feeling. All we get is the occasional one shown at xmas :( !!!

xx

9-2007_003_thumb

Every time ABC has one of these weekends and my family watches the movies someone makes the comment “you know we do own the movies” meaning lets get out the DVDs and watch the movie with out commercials but that never happens. I think it is because there is always that little glimmer of hope that we might see some new HP interviews or sneak peeks. I wounder if my family will let me have a weekend of HP and just watch the movies.

Posted by cantspellathing on March 01, 2009, 12:15 PM report to moderator

Why do they only give us the ET times?

Posted by deathlyhallows88 (ROAR) on March 01, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator

"You're eating again, I notice," said Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast.[br]"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Hermione haughtily.[br]"Yeah... and you were hungry," said Ron, grinn