New "Half-Blood Prince" Preview Special Running at Regal Theaters

HBP Film
February 07, 2009, 08:20 AM

At select Regal theaters, a preview special is airing, featuring new footage, clips and interviews with the cast of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. According to the report, new are interviews with the Trio of Dan Radcliffe (Harry), Emma Watson (Hermione), and Rupert Grint (Ron) as well as Potter producer David Heyman. Also, some of the footage airing is described as follows:

Bellatrix on top of a table in the Great Hall throwing a spell (extended), Hermione throwing birds at Ron, Hermione's jealousy of Ron and Lavender ("Excuse me, I have to go vomit"), Dumbledore levitating items in the Dursley house, a couple of new lines from Dumbledore, new shots of the Inferi, and the "She Thinks You're the Chosen One" scene (extended).

Please note: these features, such as the one on HBP, often air well before the trailers begin before the scheduled movie start time. If anyone happens to attend a movie and sees this, please send in your detailed report.

Thanks to Matt and Andrew from MuggleNet!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Baby_harry_thumb

That’s awesome. I’m not 100%, but I’m fairly sure you should be able to see this wherever there is the National CineMedia “First Look”. It’s usually the same content. You just need to arrive at the theater 20 mins early. No big deal, really, because you get a good seat!

There is a theater locater on the website. I’ll email the leaky people so they have it, but in case they decide not to put it in the article itself, here it is:

Posted by savingharry on February 07, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

man- i love ‘the 20’/first look at regal! pity that the closest regal to me at school is like… an hour away. darn!

Posted by Rinny on February 07, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Emma1232_thumb

Squee! I hope I will get to see it! :-P

Posted by Emma Lily [Kiwi] *WBM* on February 07, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

looks like i’ll be checking youtube, and leaky quite regulary till i get to see this

Posted by Felix Felicis on February 07, 2009, 11:01 AM report to moderator
L_6128aae2dc5d4fb496dc31259248c4fb_thumb

Gahhh I want to see it so bad. Somebody should put this online.

Posted by raychelMAY on February 07, 2009, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

Dumbledore would be levitating items at Slughorn’s home… not the Dursley’s

Posted by DylanAqua on February 07, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Davidtennant_thumb

It would be fantastic to see that although I would be happy enough to just see the trailers and official clips/pictures. I want to see the movie as a whole :)

Posted by thereshegoes on February 07, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

So when exactly in the “First Look” segment does the footage air? Sometimes I miss the first clip when I go to the movies.

Maybe go see Coraline instead of Pink Panther 2, unless you need to see a ‘G’ rated movie.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on February 07, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator

DylanAqua – Yes, the scene with Dumbledore levitating things did look like Slughorn’s not the Dursley’s home. I think there was a piano in the scene which was described in the book (if I remember right). The scene seemed to be putting back what Slughorn destroyed in the muggle home where he was staying at the beginning of the book.

Posted by twinmom on February 07, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

This is sofa king stupid. What’s WB’s purpose of releasing new clips in ONLY Regal theaters?! And why the hell Regal theaters out of all the theaters in the world? And why release new clips again this early when the movie comes out in July?

Mind-boggling marketing.

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on February 07, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

It has to be slughorn’s home. I thought it was confirmed that the dusrleys were cut from the film. I always enjoy the Regal First Look, but don’t usually make it in time to see them. I might be convinced to go see something today. There are a lot of pretty good films out i would like to see.

Posted by decarus on February 07, 2009, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i want to seeeee it! ohgeez.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 07, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

i want to see that!!! it sounds awesome!!

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on February 07, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE HERMIONE LINE!!!!!

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on February 07, 2009, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I hope it will be on YouTube soon

Posted by cztery on February 07, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator

"I think the only reason I never lost my mind is that I knew I was innocent. That wasn't a happy thought, so the dementors couldn't suck it out of me... but it kept me sane and knowing who I am... helped me keep my powers..."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014