Harry Potter Set at Leavesden Open Again After Stunt Accident

DH Film
February 06, 2009, 12:03 PM

The set where the Harry Potter films are made at Leavesden Studios in London, England has now reopened following an investigation into an accident involving a stuntman preparing for work on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. As we reported previously, this accident took place January 28 when stuntman David Holmes fell while testing an aerial stunt for the film, seriously injuring his back. The set was closely temporarily as investigators looked into the matter, but now the set is back in business as main filming on Potter seven is due to begin later this month. UK Channel 4 reports:

A Health and Safety Executive spokesman said: "We have carried out a site visit and the set has now reopened. The investigation is ongoing."

The station also reports that Mr. Holmes remains in the "Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, in Stanmore, north west London. In addition, an online group has been set up by family and friends, with "160 get well messages have been posted on a Facebook page set up by Mr Holmes's brother Adam. The group David's Get Well Wishes has more than 480 members."

Principal photography is due to start on the 15th of this month for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, with part one to be released November of 2010, and part two in May 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Good news. I hope he gets well.

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on February 06, 2009, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Hopefully we will receive good news about Mr. Holmes’ recovery very soon. Get well soon David. We’re all rooting for you.

Posted by DeliaDee on February 06, 2009, 08:06 PM report to moderator
Magicemilyicon_thumb

Thats terrible news about the accident D:
I hope he makes a full recovery.

Posted by Emily on February 06, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator

Would the investigation potentially interfere with the filming if its still ongoing? I hope not! We don’t want these movies delayed too!

Posted by Kay on February 06, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator

Posted by Kay on February 06, 2009, 09:12 PM report to moderator

Well, the investigation has all ready been completed, as far as I understand from the other news story posted today. It doesn’t look like it will delay the movies, they did it fairly quickly. I would like to say, though, if it did delay the movie, it would be for Mr. Holmes sake as well as to ensure the safety of all other actors and stuntmen, so I wouldn’t be complaining.

Posted by free the elves {ROAR} on February 06, 2009, 09:38 PM report to moderator
Me_profile_thumb

Alot-th! shakes head It’s good that he has supporters—although, he’s connected to Harry Potter, he probably even has fans. :)

All joking aside, I was kind of horrified when this happened and I’m glad things are getting back to normal. I’m sure it was just a freak accident. He’ll get better. Orlando Bloom was once told he might not be able to walk again, and he lived to slay orcs and sail the high seas. :) David Holmes will be alright.

Posted by JaJaRavenclaw on February 06, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

I’m happy to hear that the set has been reopened, but I really hope that David recovers… I can’t imagine what his family must be going through :/

Posted by choirgeek on February 06, 2009, 10:53 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

That’s good news all around!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 06, 2009, 11:57 PM report to moderator

Good news and I already joined the group. :-)

Posted by Lily_Severus on February 07, 2009, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Red_dress_159_thumb

I really hope he gets better. He’s so young!

Posted by aryell on February 07, 2009, 12:59 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I hope he’ll be fine soon, and I also hope that no more accident happens…

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 07, 2009, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Lilly_thumb

Yay! I hope he gets better soon.

But why did he say he could not feel his legs, but then it says he broke his back???

Posted by Lilly-Angel1 on February 07, 2009, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Davidtennant_thumb

I am glad they have started and I hope the stuntman makes a good recovery. I also hope the crew have done several security checks so that it doesn’t happen again :)

Posted by thereshegoes on February 07, 2009, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Reading_thumb

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Posted by wizardlibrarian on February 07, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator

"It's Tonks."[br]"-- Nymphadora Tonks, who prefers to be known by her surname only," finished Lupin.[br]"So would you if your fool of a mother had called you 'Nymphadora,'" muttered Tonks.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014