Harry Potter Set at Leavesden Open Again After Stunt Accident

DH Film
February 06, 2009, 12:03 PM

The set where the Harry Potter films are made at Leavesden Studios in London, England has now reopened following an investigation into an accident involving a stuntman preparing for work on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. As we reported previously, this accident took place January 28 when stuntman David Holmes fell while testing an aerial stunt for the film, seriously injuring his back. The set was closely temporarily as investigators looked into the matter, but now the set is back in business as main filming on Potter seven is due to begin later this month. UK Channel 4 reports:

A Health and Safety Executive spokesman said: "We have carried out a site visit and the set has now reopened. The investigation is ongoing."

The station also reports that Mr. Holmes remains in the "Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, in Stanmore, north west London. In addition, an online group has been set up by family and friends, with "160 get well messages have been posted on a Facebook page set up by Mr Holmes's brother Adam. The group David's Get Well Wishes has more than 480 members."

Principal photography is due to start on the 15th of this month for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, with part one to be released November of 2010, and part two in May 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

40320resize_thumb

Good to hear it’s open again. I still feel terrible for that young man. I wish him a speedy recovery!

Posted by Athena ★ROAR!★ on February 06, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

I’m glad the set is open again! I hope he’ll be better soon, best wishes to him and his family.

Posted by Vicky Granger [ROAR] *Prof Adrasteia Andraste* on February 06, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Bild_thumb

I hope we´ll be hearing some good news about Mr Holmes recovery soon.

Posted by ElinJ*ROAR* on February 06, 2009, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I hope he gets better. I have mixed feeling with the start up of filming the FINAL movie. I can’t wait to see it yet I sad they are almost over!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on February 06, 2009, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

too bad about the accident, good that they are open again

Posted by *Rachael* on February 06, 2009, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Logo_revised_thumb

Continued prayers go up for David’s recovery.

Posted by Miss Hagrid on February 06, 2009, 02:58 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

thanks bookmonster79, great idea. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Posted by izziewitch on February 06, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

thanks bookmonster79, great idea. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Posted by izziewitch on February 06, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

Thanks for keeping us updated, Leaky. I think I’ll join that Get Well Wishes group. It doesn’t seem like much, but maybe it will give the family hope.

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on February 06, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Once again I hope everyone stays safe.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on February 06, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
N1585320109_30028278_6922_thumb

Let’s hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

On another note, SQUEE at principle filming starting.

Posted by Kelsey on February 06, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Fringe1_thumb

Good luck with the recovery

Posted by katiee on February 06, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Fringe1_thumb

Good luck with the recovery

Posted by katiee on February 06, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator

I’m glad the kids alright. I’m looking forward to seeing the 6th Harry Potter movie as well as the final Harry Potter movie as well.

Posted by Hermione_19 on February 06, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

I’m glad that the situation is progressing, and that the film is going through, but I am really hoping and praying that the stunt man is recovering soon!!

Get well soon!!!!

Posted by Felipe on February 06, 2009, 06:39 PM report to moderator

"Going to try and lead the house-elves out on strike now, are you?" said George. "Going to give up all the leaflet stuff and try and stir them up into rebellion?"[br]Several people chortled. Hermione didn't answer.