Harry Potter Books Nominated at Kids' Choice Awards

Book Awards
February 06, 2009, 11:39 AM

It's Harry vs Edward again as the nominations for the 22nd Annual Kids' Choice Awards were made this morning. The Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling were nominated in the "Favorite Book" category yet again, along with the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do it Yourself Book by Jeff Kinney. Starting March 2 fans can go online via this link to cast their votes, with the winners to be announced on Saturday, March 28 (8-9:30pm ET) on Nickelodeon.

Congratulations Jo!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Book Awards News

196797_10150224956058504_679143503_9375840_3403033_ncrop_thumb

I swear, if Twilight beats Harry…#%&%^&*$

That will not happen. That will not happen. That will not happen.

Posted by Lacarnum Inflamarae on February 06, 2009, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I love both books series. I always say that HP is my first and one true love, but that I stray sometimes and have a little fling with Twilight. I hate when people compare the two series because they are completely different and have nothing to do with one another but this one time that there is an actual real reason to do so. I guess that deep down in my heart I want HP to win (but I think I would be happy with either one winning, which is good because those are the only two that have a real chance at winning.)

Posted by Miss Freewind on February 06, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

GO HARRY! GO HARRY! GO HARRY!

Posted by wizardinventor on February 06, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator

I’ll be damned if Harry Potter gets beaten!!

Posted by Traysie on February 06, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Come on Harry! I’ll be voting for you as soon as it opens.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 06, 2009, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Sadly I think Twilight has a bigger voting block of young people. Harry Potter is far better, but I think Twilight will win this one. that won’t stop me voting for HP if I can.

Posted by Harry's Horntail on February 07, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Red_dress_159_thumb

Oh Lord here we go again! Ah well as much as I like Twilight, I was an HP fan first and foremost. Good luck to all, but I’m rooting for Harry as always.

Posted by aryell on February 07, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

Potters gona win! of course!

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on February 07, 2009, 04:43 AM report to moderator

Harry Potter, Twilight- or Whimpy Kid??? Have only read Harry Potter and cannot give judgement there,sorry. The Twilight movie was awesome but I haven’t read any of the books and I hear Whimpy Kid is being made into a movie.

Posted by Robbie Rowe on February 07, 2009, 07:09 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

My vote will always be for HP whatever the nomination is!!! Hope it wins!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 07, 2009, 07:11 AM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Harry definitely the best of those options!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 07, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Davidtennant_thumb

Harry Potter will probably win, although the nominations are all excellent.

Posted by thereshegoes on February 07, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Pitting Harry against Edward? Harry Potter will have my vote every time but I love the Twilight Series too.

I hope they put a reminder on the News to remind us to vote.

Posted by Cool G on February 07, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator

You gotta be kidding me… Twilight is so not a children’s book! Thirteen year old’s reading it is scary enough, but little kids?? shakes head Anyway, HP has got my vote! =D

Posted by Sophie on February 07, 2009, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Harry-duck_thumb

Harry vs. Edward…it’s going to get soooo ugly at my school in March.

Posted by Hufflepuff_Duck on February 07, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator

"As I sat here, absorbed in my needlework, the urge to consult the orb overpowered me. I arose, I settled myself before it, and gazed into its crystalline depths... and what do you think I saw gazing back at me?"[br]"An ugly old bat in outsize specs?" Ron