Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to Begin Filming in Two Weeks

DH Film
February 06, 2009, 02:23 PM

As a follow to the article below, the BBC is now reporting additional information on main filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. With the set now reopened following the accident with a stunt person, a spokesman for WB said of the upcoming Harry Potter filming:

"We have not begun filming yet and will not do so for another two weeks. This has always been the case," she said.

"Filming will commence mid-February and go through to spring 2009."

As we first told you last December, filming on the seventh Harry Potter movie is due to run 54 weeks. This also follows Dan Radcliffe's earlier remarks about hoping to begin filming on the 15th of the month as well. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released in two parts, the first November 2010, followed by Part 11 in May 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Blink_thumb

It’s amazing, but I think I’m almost as excited as when the book was first coming out!

Posted by Ivy on February 06, 2009, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Magicemilyicon_thumb

Yayy :D
I wonder how they’ll end the first part of the movie.

Posted by Emily on February 06, 2009, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

Huzzah!

Posted by Aga Veneficus on February 06, 2009, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Woohoo! That’s exciting, can’t wait!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 06, 2009, 09:06 PM report to moderator
Badgers_thumb

YAY I’m so excited. I like that its coming out in 2010&11 cos it will last longer!

Posted by Tiahn on February 06, 2009, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited! They sold take their time though I don’t want everything to be over too soon!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 06, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Goblet-of-fire-poster_thumb

Go Deathly Hallows!, um does it really say they are only filming till the spring of 09 that can’t be

Posted by grimnakjarman {ROAR} on February 06, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean)/Sascha Baron Cohen (Borat) as XENOPHILIUS LOVEGOOD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on February 06, 2009, 10:13 PM report to moderator

Yay! Finally! I can’t wait to see the Deathly Hallows movies!!! I want them now, though. I’m not a very patient person. Accio Deathly Hallows!!!!

Posted by badger666 on February 06, 2009, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Can’t wait to see these two movies!!!! Interested in seeing where they split them!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on February 06, 2009, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Aww, I don’t even want to think about the movies ending! I’ll literally cry myself to sleep in the theater =(

Oh, and I think that the WHOLE cast – like everyone who’s been in HP – should take a picture in the Great Hall. You know, as a group. Wow. That would be amazing. (:

Posted by Christine on February 06, 2009, 10:47 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

I can’t decide whether I’m really excited that filming for DH is finally starting, or if I’m really sad because there won’t be another movie coming out after this :(

Posted by choirgeek on February 06, 2009, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Pic_3_thumb

:*( I cant believe its almost over!

Posted by Will Nevins on February 06, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator

ahhhh i cant believe the filming is so close!!!! im so excited!

Posted by padfoot84sb on February 06, 2009, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

OMG i just cant wait for this movie to be released. Its is going to be the best yet! I just cant beleive that filming starts in two weeks, its all sooo real now. Its sort of like the beginning of the end :( The last movie of the last book. But we will always have leaky, and pottercast :D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on February 06, 2009, 11:56 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

On the threshold stood Aunt Marge. She was very like Uncle Vernon: large, beefy, and purple-faced, she even had a mustache, though not as bushy as his. In one hand she held an enormous suitcase, and tucked under the other was an old and evil-tempered bull