First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Myleaky_thumb

Its kind of weird for me to be seeing the logo at an angle, but that is just my opinion. I really like these posters and hope to get my hands on one of them. And of course this makes me veryy excited for the movie!

Posted by Slytherin4Life on February 05, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator

they are all amazing! the first one is my favorite! :D

Posted by Kristen95 on February 05, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

As much as I would like to see a unique poster for each film, I understand why the go with the classic Harry image. What says “Hey there’s a new Harry Potter movie coming” more than a picture of Harry’s iconic glasses or him holding a wand. It does get a bit redundant though, which is why I liked the Voldemort one last year. Still, these are well done. I look forward to the high-res version so we can get a better look at that shirt.

Posted by mollywobble on February 05, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

Well… I actually liked the second and third poster the best. The first one has a nice pic of Harry, but I didn’t fancy the HP6. They wont be able to carry that to the 7th movie, unless they make HP7a and HP7b… I don’t know. It felt like it didn’t belong. And the glasses reflection… well… I’ve seen enough of those. If the poster was only Harry it would be much better for me… because the picture really is awesome.

The other two have a more “classic” thing about it. I liked the cut on the title and the pictures angles… it’s almost as if the posters says the plot is getting bigger and things are not nice and down to earth as they once were… as if things are running out of control (yeah… I’m out of my mind today).

As for the reflection on Harry’s shirt (reflective shirt?!)… it looks like the Inferi… or maybe it’s representing death crawling it’s way towards Harry’s life… well, as I said, I’m out of it today.

Can’t wait to see more!! ^^

Posted by Thio on February 05, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

Can’t wait to see more!! ^^

Posted by Thio on February 05, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

awsome, it was about time

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on February 05, 2009, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Ikonic-012

I’m not all that impressed. I little boring I think… And for some reason I’m really disappointed that the colour scheeme isn’t green. HBP has always been green to me. The Dumbledore one was cool though!

Posted by Caramelsilver on February 05, 2009, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

Oops! Sorry about the double post!
Maybe you got a point there Caramelsilver… this “gray aura” is getting a little old. It could use another color scheme.

Posted by Thio on February 05, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Avataranna_thumb

is everyone else thinking the same as me??
FINALYYYYYYY

i thought the first one looked really good minus the HP6 part… that makes it look like one of the fake ones…

DUMBLEDORES HAND!!! its not burnt!! or at least it doesnt really look like it!! are they leaving that out or did they just not fix it for the poster??

Posted by Anna on February 05, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Luna_shoes_thumb

The posters are awesome, but when I first glanced at the second one, I thought Sirius was on his shirt, then a castle, but I decided Peter Pettigrew in animagus form. But now I agree with ravenclaw 1028 that it looks like Scrat from Ice Age….

Posted by Saoirse42 *ROAR!* on February 05, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Magicducks_thumb

Awesome! I absolutely love the first one! :)

Posted by MagicDucks [ROAR!] on February 05, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Vs1_thumb

Wow! They’re all stunning. I think I like the first one best though. I like the second until everyone started talking about his shirt, and now that’s all I see…

Posted by Mirdan on February 05, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
2293960_thumb

I was so hoping that they would put Snape on one of the HBP posters but I suppose that they think it will ruin it for the people who only watch the movies. Still I can help but feel a little disappointed since Alan hasn’t made it onto a single HP poster yet.

Posted by kellydofc on February 05, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Picture_3_thumb

I like the one with Dumbledore reflected in Harry’s glasses… the one of hatless Dumbledore just makes me immediately think he is going to die. I wonder if that’s just because I know it’s going to happen – I’d ask someone what they think of it, but I don’t think there’s a single person in theworld who doesn’t know what happens at the end of this movie!!!!

Posted by Araminta1987 on February 05, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Lunaavvie4_thumb

I think they all look great! Though, I agree that the HP6 makes it look weird. The slanted thing is different, too, but goes well with the pictures. Can’t wait for the movie!

Posted by katem4 on February 05, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Well, we think [Hagrid's] a bit of a joke in Ravenclaw," said Luna, unfazed.[br]"You've got a rubbish sense of humor then," Ron snapped...[br]Luna did not seem perturbed by Ron's rudeness; on the contrary, she simply watched him for a while as though he