First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Ny-4_thumb

What IS that on Harry’s shirt? Looks like someone’s face…

Love Dumbly’s poster, and the fact that they made his hand affected like it was in the book. Yay, details! :D

Posted by theseventhl on February 05, 2009, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

These are awesome. My favorite is the one of Dumbledore. I can’t tell what is on Harry’s shirt.

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 05, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

I really like them … I think. but I preferred the first ones we got for OotP. There was just something about that Voldy shot. My favourite is still the Sirius one from PoA but these seem very interesting too :)

Posted by Harry's Horntail on February 05, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Dare-to-be-clever_thumb

Looks good! I can’t wait for the movie! I can’t belive were on book 6 already though…

Posted by foxyredalpha {WBM} on February 05, 2009, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Have_you_seen_this_man_2_thumb

Woot Woot!

Posted by clashcityrocker13 on February 05, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I almost started crying when I saw this in school!! :D I LOVE the one where Dumbledore is reflected in Harry’s glasses. And the “HP6” = amazing.

Posted by Christine on February 05, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

I like how both Harry and Dumbledore are looking over their shoulders. It’s like when you are walking in the dark and you hear a noise behind you. Very spooky! Can’t wait!

Posted by Ahhheavytorch [G3!] on February 05, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Lolcat06_thumb

I might be crazy…but the thing with Harry’s shirt…does anyone else see Dumbledore? Like if you tilt your head to the right….it kind of looks like him. If it Dumbledore…that’s weird. I don’t know why something would be reflected on a shirt?

Posted by HPKnowItALLFan13 on February 05, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
0131092316_thumb

The first one is awesome! Oh man, I cannot wait until July.

Posted by Potterswan on February 05, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator

Why has WB not put these on the Harrypotter.com website yet?

Posted by mlc on February 05, 2009, 04:26 PM report to moderator

I really like Dumbledore reflected in Harry’s glasses. It reminds me of eyes being the windows of the soul.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on February 05, 2009, 04:26 PM report to moderator

The first one is very cool, Harry’s expression, the colors, the glasses, the background… I like the second too, but I’m not sure what’s on his shirt and that makes it a little weird. The one with Dumbledore, he isn’t wearing his glasses and I think that’s what makes it look a little strange too, because of his eyes. It would be really cool to have a poster with Harry and Dumbledore in it together, and one with Harry and Snape looking at each other.

Posted by ethanHP on February 05, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator

Awesome posters,especially the third one. It really captures the sadness in Harry and the ambiguity of his quest.

Posted by Robbie Rowe on February 05, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

the first one is amazing!
the others are good too, but i really like the first one!!

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on February 05, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator

Love them! It’s about time we got some posters!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on February 05, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator

Percy, who hadn't noticed that Fred had bewitched his prefect badge so that it now read "Pinhead," kept asking them all what they were sniggering at.