First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

C_01_thumb

I like the first one the most. Harry looks hot and Dumbledor looks like Santa.
I think the reflection on Harry’s chest is Jack Frost.
It looks like Harry and Dumbledor have packed their bags and moved to the North Pole.

I suppose we have to wait till much latter to see any with the Trio/ other two in it.

Maybe the movie should be called Harry Potter and Harry & Dumbledore go to The North Pole or… just call it Harry Potter and Harry & Dumbledore.

Posted by Rose on February 05, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Miisa_thumb

Ohh exciting!

Posted by TheCupcake on February 05, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Avatar_3_thumb

I love these posters!!! they do somewhat resemble the stuff from POA, but I like them a lot. very cool
but wth is on harry’s shirt??? I want to know!!!

Posted by netsrikb on February 05, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Not_just_black_and_white_thumb

Love them!
They look a lot more “grown-up” and modern than the previous ones. I can’t wait for the movie. Looks like it’s going to be the best one yet!

Posted by Synne-M on February 05, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0140_thumb

Oh, and also: FINALLY!

Posted by L. P. Dantas on February 05, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuffwall001_thumb

Pretty posters. It’s about time we got these! Looks like the cave scenes are going to be awsome :D

Posted by Puja723 on February 05, 2009, 02:19 PM report to moderator

Yay! I’m so happy that we finally got the posters! They look so awesome! <3

Posted by Sophie on February 05, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Iconator_de5ee9375a0402eaeb6032b64f46451c_thumb

Omg, these are completly epic. I love the sideways letters, and that awesome 6 on the third poster. This makes me so excited for the movie.

Posted by thursrain on February 05, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator

It’s about time we got some posters! I love love love the Dumbledore reflected in Harry’s glasses!! Only 161 more days.

Posted by PhoenixLindsey47 on February 05, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Can’t wait for the movie, but can’t say I like those poster that much. Seem a bit ‘300ish’ to me.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on February 05, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

These Posters are awesome

Posted by Chad on February 05, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

ΟΗ ΜΥ GOD!!!! These are waaay better than what I expected…. My favourites are the ones of POA but I think these will surpass them… Is it the Potions Book that in his shirt?? LOVE THEM!!!

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on February 05, 2009, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

It looks…different…and that blue again.OOTP was all in blue tone..its a bit boring. but interesting posters.

Posted by Matea on February 05, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
0009fhka_thumb

Yay! Awesome!

Posted by Shalott on February 05, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Nick_thumb

I really like the Harry with Dumbledore reflected in the glasses. All of them are cool though.

Posted by Nick B on February 05, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator

Uncle Vernon opened his mouth, closed it again, opened it once more, shut it, then, apparently struggling to remember how to talk, opened it for a third time and croaked, "So -- so -- they -- er -- they -- er -- they actually exist, do they -- er -- demen

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014