First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Always_thumb

Wow Love them !!

Posted by spiritbound on February 05, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator

Ooh! I love the glasses one!! No idea whats on Harry’s shirt though..

Posted by jenbabe705 on February 05, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Emma-vs-01_copy_thumb

Those are amazing posters but the “HP6” on the first one seems a bit weird. STill amazing though.

Posted by Leo_Lovegood on February 05, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Really neat posters. I like the first one extremely well!

Posted by on February 05, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Littlel_thumb

Gorgeous!

Posted by littleL on February 05, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

SWEET

Posted by placebowiz on February 05, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

Ohh, i like them. I like how they play with photos. The second one is the most intriguing, the image on top of his shirt is weird… i can’t help but think if it’s something like what YodatheHobbit mentioned.

Posted by scarletti1 on February 05, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

These posters have a different feel than all the other previous movie posters. They are skewed at an angle and they are in action. It looks like it was a moment in the movie (inferi battle?) like Harry looks at Dumbledore (pic 1) and he sees Dumbledore battling something (pic 2) and then harry joins in the fight (pic 3)

I found it interesting that WB is focusing on different aspects of the movie. Like the Father son relationship with Harry and Dumbledore, and the new teacher Slughorn, and Harry being the chosen one. This is a much better advertising method instead of flashing a bazillion pictures like they did with OotP.

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on February 05, 2009, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

When’s this movie coming out again?

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on February 05, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I love the closeup of Harry one! I don’t care much for the DD one but Harry pointing his wand is cool, even though his shirt is distracting. It’s cool the way the text is tilded. it kinda gives it a sense of action. But why do they always use blue? Ok, it does give it a misterious and dark look, but a change of color would be nice.

Posted by Dances with Dobby on February 05, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

anything new about harry potter makes me think of how long there is to wait =[
But lovin’ these posters, my fave is the last one with dumbledore reflecting in harrys glases.

Posted by Felix Felicis on February 05, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

I’m kind of disappointed. I guess since we’re WAY overdue for a poster (according to the OotP timeline, we should have gotten one in November) I was hoping it would look more interesting. These posters ARE interesting, make no mistake, but I would have thought that, for the first poster, they would make it seem a bit more…mysterious. Like a silouette of Harry or Voldemort reaching out; these seem more like promotional banners you see hanging in a movie theatre.

Ah, well. At least it means I’ll be able to buy three t-shirts from Hot Topic any day now.

Posted by TheCrogePodge on February 05, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Blue_avatar_thumb

Oooh, I love them; they’re so dark. It looks like Harry has something weird on his shirt though: it looks like its reflecting something, which is impossible, obviously.

Posted by Amarie on February 05, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator
1195280764_thumb

Wow, that’s a close up of Harry’s face if ever I saw one.

Hopefully the movie will be as exciting as they are trying to make the posters.

Posted by whenfishfly on February 05, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Blink_thumb

OK, I can’t stop staring. All I can see is a praying mantis crawling out of the Holy Grail, on Harry’s shirt…

Posted by Ivy on February 05, 2009, 01:44 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I've got two Neptunes here," said Harry after a while, frowning down at his piece of parchment, "that can't be right, can it?"[br]"Aaaaah," said Ron, imitating Professor Trelawney's mystical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sig