First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Is22581022_thumb

The thing people think is on Harry’s shirt is just water/rain/snow/sleet. He’s wearing the same shirt he wears in this photo and during the burrow attack. Looks at the collar.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on February 05, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Cimg0309_thumb

They really love the blue/teal tones over at WB don’t they?

Posted by Sash1113 on February 05, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator
2009-01-30-67178_thumb

Sorry kids, but I do not see ANYTHING on Harry’s shirt. It just looks like the light reflecting off the folds.

Posted by BrianaTheBard [FTC!] on February 05, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator

I am the only one who does not care for them. I was just hoping they would put Draco and Snape on them along with Harry.

Posted by mlc on February 05, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Wow, great posters! I love them! I love the intensity and mystery. The layout and composition are great! I really, REALLY like them. I think my favorite posters so far have been one of the trio from POA…but these are right up there! I like the Dumbledore reflection in the glasses….OOooohhh…

Posted by eiVega on February 05, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Posted by eiVega on February 05, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Don_t_speak_thumb

I like them.

Posted by srt2gryffndr on February 05, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Yeah! Posters!!!!!!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on February 05, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator

I particularly like the first one, with Dumbledore’s reflection in Harry’s glasses.

Posted by on February 05, 2009, 01:13 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hufflepuff0184_thumb
1980 Points

The new poster is awesome. As for the shirt, well, my mind’s too far in the gutter to comment.

Posted by missingmarauder22 *UWS* on February 05, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Rsz_1myleakypic_thumb

These are pretty cool- they make me so excited for the movie to come out, even though I know I’ll probably be disappointed with it. My expectations are just always too high :)

Posted by SnapeShapedHole on February 05, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
N1585320109_30028278_6922_thumb

w00t! God I’m so freaking excited for this movie!

Posted by Kelsey on February 05, 2009, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Wingardium_leviosa_thumb

Maybe a house elf on his shirt? No idea

Posted by Wingardium on February 05, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Davidtennant_thumb

I love the first one :) Fantastic!

Posted by thereshegoes on February 05, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Pic_thumb

Ummm… it’s Half Blood Prince. WHERE’S THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE AT?!?! Grrrrrr….. goes off to gripe

Posted by VoodooDarling on February 05, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator

Roger Davies and his girlfriend started kissing over their sugar bowl. Harry wished they wouldn't; he felt that Davies was setting a standard with which Cho would soon expect him to compete.