First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

20110227_001_thumb

The HP6 looks so daft, it makes the poster look fanmade. None of the other posters had numbers on, and how are they going to put numbers on the DH posters? I think the only reason that Dumbledore’s hand isn’t blackened is because they want to give non-readers a shock. Remember Harry’s reaction when he sees it> They want the audience (at least, those who aren’t expecting it) to have the same reaction. That wouldn’t happen if we’d been staring at posters with a blackened hand for 5 months.

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on February 06, 2009, 07:55 PM report to moderator

freakin’ cool yo!

Posted by cat_eli_mon on February 06, 2009, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Very cool!
And, I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but I’m not seeing anything strange about the shirt. Just goes to show how poor my observation skills are, though.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 06, 2009, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Dsc00472_thumb

for some reason I thought of Black when I saw it!

Posted by a1000wtp[FTC!!] on February 06, 2009, 09:10 PM report to moderator

Okay posters. The glasses one is pretty cool. I really think they need to have one with Snape (the title character after all) and Draco too, though. They are just as important to the plot. Although you could argue that having one with Snape on it would ruin the mystery of who the HBP is for those who haven’t read the books. Still, it’s a bit odd to exclude him, eh?

Posted by badger666 on February 06, 2009, 10:30 PM report to moderator
K_rom44ede1fcb7014_thumb

Lookin pretty cool! I’ll have to get my hands on at least one of those for my collection.

Posted by Roman on February 06, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

The first one is definitely my favorite. That’s one of the coolest shots, even if Dumbledore was photoshopped in there ;) But I don’t really like how the “6” of “HP6” is just kind of squished down in the corner. The second one is strange… I really want to know what’s on Harry’s shirt, haha. And the third one I just don’t like. :)

Posted by choirgeek on February 06, 2009, 10:47 PM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

i hope they put out a harry ginny one…

Posted by calliet2b4g on February 07, 2009, 12:00 AM report to moderator
Dsc01855_thumb

I think he has a normal t-shirt with a scarf on top

Posted by jessh324 on February 07, 2009, 12:16 AM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

I’m seriously hoping Snape will be on the theatrical poster…can’t have HBP without him!

Posted by Sarabi on February 07, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Red_dress_159_thumb

Cool

Posted by aryell on February 07, 2009, 12:56 AM report to moderator
Hagid_potterpuff_thumb

cool posters they seem to do justtice to the movie

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 ~Prongs~ ( J.O.R.) on February 07, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Janeaustenfont_thumb

Wow!!!! Looking good!!!

Posted by Prenz13 on February 07, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator

OK – who cares about the shirt — has no one else noticed, where’s his scar?!

Posted by KaitlynE on February 07, 2009, 03:12 AM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

ohhh exciting! thanks so much for posting.. is it just me or in the poster with Harry (not the close up) does the little squares reflected on Harry’s glasses look like Voldemort? I’m prob just insane but thats what it looks like to me!

Posted by dobbyisfree_05 on February 07, 2009, 07:40 AM report to moderator

"You all right?" said Harry.[br]Ron nodded but did not speak. Harry was reminded forcibly of the time that Ron had accidentally put a slug-vomiting charm on himself. He looked just as pale and sweaty as he had done then, not to mention as reluctant to op