First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

The posters are just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on February 06, 2009, 04:59 AM report to moderator

Its about time we got some posters. We have so many trailers already!

Posted by Kay on February 06, 2009, 06:32 AM report to moderator
Crim0304_thumb

Wow, they’re dark and broody. I love it!! Is that ‘The Ring’ on DD’s finger? That hand didn’t look black tho …

Posted by Sally_Zaar on February 06, 2009, 06:44 AM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

Ohhh, at last!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on February 06, 2009, 06:50 AM report to moderator
Zooey_thumb

People stop trying to decipher what is on the shirt! Dan/Harry has pockets on the front of the shirt and the water is reflective – you can see Harry’s hand and in the reflection.

I really like all of the posters. Just gorgeous and I love the blue tones.

Posted by miriam the wounded on February 06, 2009, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Jordan_thumb

These are really nice posters. I’m not too fond of using HP6 but I suppose at this point that audience knows what’s what. The angular composition is an excellent tool for adding interest and, in a way, energy to these posters.

On a side note, it’s looks like Dan needs some chap stick.

Posted by Jordan Edwards on February 06, 2009, 09:01 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

lovin the avant garde diagonal title, really good poster, though I don’t get what is curious about the shirt?

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 06, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Photo0166-1_thumb

YAY!!!!

Posted by sparkplug3690 [FTC!] on February 06, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Picture_thumb

These posters are great, especially the one with Dumbledore’s reflection in Harry’s glasses.

Posted by bookfan on February 06, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Love_thumb

I’m so scared of this movie! Its my favorite book and the movies are so different from the books; more and more each time. Posters only highlight the lack of wizard robes for harry and his unharryish haircut. It won’t stop these from being my new Wallpaper though!

Posted by Gindelwall-e on February 06, 2009, 10:09 AM report to moderator
268141_10150258426464313_156794164312_6914503_4625251_n_thumb

The posters are awesome!! There a bit different from the posters we’ve seen so far from the previous movies aren’t they?

Posted by Hermione_Granger1987 on February 06, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Kris_thumb

Hmm, I think the one with DD is a pre-horcrux-impact-picture.. His hand is still intact.. I had hoped to see the new shape.

Posted by Karrelien on February 06, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator
Meg_og_freiman_avatar_thumb

I like that the posters show the dark side of HBP, not the comedy there’ve been so much fuss about. Still, I’m not overexcited about the images.. Why doesn’t Dumbledore wear his glasses?

Posted by Ingvia [ROAR] on February 06, 2009, 12:15 PM report to moderator
Portrait-snape-av_thumb

I love the posters! The one with the reflection in the glasses is neat, though the HP6 is an odd choice…

Posted by boushh on February 06, 2009, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I dont see anything curious about Harry’s shirt. Can someone explain this to me?

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on February 06, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator

"By all means continue destroying my possessions," said Dumbledore serenely. "I daresay I have too many."