First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

P1020255_thumb

I love how sharp these look! I especially like the Dumbledore in Harry’s glasses.

Posted by butter_mellow on February 05, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Hp_stickers_thumb

oh i really like these!!
so excited for the movie!

Posted by Chocofrog on February 05, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Iconator_77bb337efe9e8c2f9da191f0c527a9f4_thumb

I like the first one the best….

Posted by Great Uncle Algie on February 05, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Img_3265_thumb

finally we get some promotional photos! i like how the writing is at an angle…

Posted by Alli on February 05, 2009, 10:34 PM report to moderator
N35500137_30859274_1022_thumb
1995 Points

I wanted to read a lot of the comments before I commented; I was curious to see what people’s opinions were. I was also busy today. I’m glad we finally got them!

1.I like that the first one says “Once again, I must ask too much of you, Harry” as opposed to “coming soon.” I also like that it says “HP6” because that’s how I referred to the books/movies before I found that people in the fandom usually abbreviated them as “SS” or “DH” or what have you.

2. I think Dumbledore looks like Santa Claus. The tilt does not impress me—artistically anyway. I guess not many movie posters look that way, so that’s cool.

3. At first I thought it was a small creature also on the shirt. But I really think that it is just a combination of light and shadow on a flannel shirt. POOR EDITING, WB. Unless they wanted to drive us fans crazy.

4. My favorite movie poster EVER is “Have you seen this wizard?”

Posted by LunaGinevraBlack on February 05, 2009, 11:00 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

these are flippin sweet man!!!! how can anybody look at these posters and not wanna go see the movie???? when it finally comes out that is :P im thinking the 8th harry potter book will be Harry Potter and the attack of the mutant shirt. i want one of those :D

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on February 05, 2009, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

I love high res lol Harry’s(Dan’s) face is now my background for my computer.

Posted by Lizlupin [roar] on February 05, 2009, 11:12 PM report to moderator
Magicemilyicon_thumb

Haha.
I agree, Dumbledore looks almost jolly ;D

Posted by Emily on February 05, 2009, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Animelissa_thumb

The close up on his glasses is my favorite. Love that there are actual lenses in the frames this time ;)

Posted by molasses on February 06, 2009, 12:15 AM report to moderator

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are perfect!!!!

I am now having a heart attack, this is freakingly awesome!!!

I love the shading and the focus they have on Dumbledore and Harry. To some people who satet they look like PoA posters, I believe you are right, mostly because of the light and the angles used (also the huge zoom on Harry’s face).

YEY!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by PCC_Wizard on February 06, 2009, 12:23 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Looks really, really awesome!!!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 06, 2009, 01:03 AM report to moderator

I cannot see them. The pages give error. :-(

Posted by Lily_Severus on February 06, 2009, 02:00 AM report to moderator
Hswand2_kopiex_thumb

I think these are quite boring. The fan made ones including the cave were much better :-(

Posted by grey_nightshirt on February 06, 2009, 03:46 AM report to moderator
Me_chris_snap_thumb

You are losing browsers, Leaky. The error page has been coming for a long time now.

Posted by Vineeth Thomas on February 06, 2009, 04:37 AM report to moderator

I love the poster of a very close up Harry with Dumbledore reflected on his glasses. mysterious and intense, and suggests about the close relationship between the chosen one and the mentor. kinda like King arthur and Merlin. And can I say, sexy lips, Dan…? lol

Posted by pensive on February 06, 2009, 04:58 AM report to moderator