First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

30464_1392052514744_1035060117_31032663_3638239_n_thumb

These are great! I’m so excited!

Posted by tearsoflemonade [FTC!] on February 05, 2009, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I really love the posters. I actually think that they are one of the better ones. However, I have to agree with others about his shirt. I can’t tell if it just what it is. I don’t know if it is caused by some outside influence or if there is really something there.

Also to all the ones that are complaining about these posters, I want to remind you that these will not be the only posters for HBP.

Posted by Miss Freewind on February 05, 2009, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

It’s nice to see a bit of a change from the usual trio-looking-moody posters of the past.

But do the photographers have any light in their studio other than blue ???

Posted by Ravenclawed on February 05, 2009, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Iconator_e5413e9850e2294d5bfb655a9ead163b_thumb

Miss Molly, I too wanted a Snape/Draco poster!! That would have been VERY awsome!!! I like these posters but they should have one more with Snape and Draco!!! My favorite one is the one with Dumbledore in Harry’s glasses. Cant wait to see them at a movie theature!!!

Posted by PadfootLover4ever on February 05, 2009, 06:48 PM report to moderator
Platformnineandthreequarters_thumb

What thing on his shirt? I can’t see anything!!!! :(

Posted by juliadiggory92 on February 05, 2009, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I want one!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on February 05, 2009, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I want one showing the lighter moments in HBP.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on February 05, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

holygeezz this got me so happyyy ahaha hooray!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 05, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Witch_hat_thumb

I love that poster. If they’d been doing Harry’s eyes green all along, though, they could have done the poster green like the book and it would be perfect!

Posted by *H*ROAR Mudblood Proud on February 05, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Foto446_05

Wow, the second one is huge!!

Posted by Bell Dema [FTC!!!] on February 05, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I like the angles of these posters, they have a very artisitc feel to them. They are a pit PoAish, probably because of the color scheme. I’m still trying to figure out what he is wearing!

Posted by wizardinventor on February 05, 2009, 08:02 PM report to moderator

Where’s the blackened hand???

Posted by Deb25 on February 05, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Magicemilyicon_thumb

These are all pretty good.
But i’m a bit disappointed about the lack of snape >:[

Posted by Emily on February 05, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

The posters are great. A little something to tease us about the one hundred sixty days left until we finally get a chance to see this movie!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 05, 2009, 08:22 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I can’t figure out the shirt either. A squirrel? A nargle? Just a shirt? This movie delay has been cruel! >:(

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 05, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator

"This is what Dumbledore sends his defender! A songbird and an old hat! Do you feel brave, Harry Potter? Do you feel safe now?"