"Deathly Hallows" Most Borrowed Book from UK Libraries

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Posted by: Edward
February 05, 2009, 11:39 PM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the most borrowed book in the UK, according to new figures released from the Public Lending Right Agency.  The Bookseller reports that the Seventh Book in author J. K. Rowling's series has been borrowed a total of 108,775 times from libraries in the UK.  Deathly Hallows was also the most borrowed book under the children's titles list, followed by the Sixth Book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The Public Lending Right Agency tracked lending during the twelve months prior to June 2008, and complied lists of the Most Borrowed Authors, Most Borrowed Fiction, and Non-Fiction titles.  Author James Patterson was named the Most Borrowed Author, with his novels being loaned out more than 1.5 million times.  Full lists of the Most Borrowed can be found via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows News

N1439614491_169156_6488_thumb

But of course!

Posted by Melissa Anne on February 06, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
22860_thumb

I started reading Harry Potter by borrowing the first 4 books from a friend.

Posted by Steve on February 06, 2009, 06:16 PM report to moderator
22860_thumb

Oh, i should’ve read more then the first words in the title before reacting [schame]…

Posted by Steve on February 06, 2009, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Harryp_thumb

It should be!!

Posted by Christine on February 06, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

I can say I am not suprised! I personally think its the best book in the series!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 06, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

That’s awesome, but not surprising. Of course people want to read it!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 06, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

Very interesting. That’s a loooot of times for a book to be taken out, although I suppose that the most interesting to me is that James Patterson’s novels have been taken out a million and a half times. That’s so many people, hahaha.

Posted by choirgeek on February 06, 2009, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Umbridge_s_quill_by_seraphsong_thumb

That’s fantastic!

Posted by eowyngirl on February 07, 2009, 01:18 AM report to moderator
Davidtennant_thumb

It’s not surprising really. It’s a wellknown book and I am glad many people read it :)

Posted by thereshegoes on February 07, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator

I can’t imagine to only borrow DH, I like to have all HP-books and Audio Cds at home. I also use the books for consultation on a daily basis as I am very fond of the HP trivia here in Leaky and the questions switch very fast between the seven books.

Posted by Eva Hedwig on February 09, 2009, 12:30 AM report to moderator
Books_covers_us_deluxed_dh_1-2_thumb

The Harry Potter books are probably also on the list for “Most lost or misplaced” library books, or at least the list for “Most frequently past due.”

That would at least be true at my local library… which is why I decided to finally get my own set once the boxed set finally came out… fines were beginning to add up, so I figured my $ should actually be going to JKR.

Posted by Emily Erland on February 09, 2009, 01:29 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I am so glad the libraries are getting so much use. Yeah Jo!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 10, 2009, 08:35 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I am so glad the libraries are getting so much use. Yeah Jo!

49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I’m not surprised. Potter books (esp. the audiobooks) are hard to come by in my library system.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 24, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator

Someone knocked into Harry as they hurried past him. It was Hermione. Harry caught a glimpse of her face -- and was startled to see that she was in tears.[br] "I think she heard you."[br] "So?" said Ron, but he looked a bit uncomfortable. "She must've