Preview New Score to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Via Revamped Official Site

Music
February 28, 2009, 07:09 AM

Lend an ear and you shall hear... lovely new excerpts from the score to the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The official HBP website has received a makeover this morning, and fans can now hear a slightly revised Hedwig's theme, plus see the recently released posters, with a large image of Harry greeting you, along with the trailer from last November. Finally, note the gallery has been updated with all the officially released images over the past months, plus the cast and crew names have been added to the bottom of the page as seen on the posters as well. Enjoy!

Thanks to all who owled!
*For those who asked, indeed composer Nicholas Hooper has returned again to score Half-Blood Prince, building upon the lovely original Hedwig's Theme by John Williams.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Emma-vs-01_copy_thumb

woot!

Posted by Leo_Lovegood on February 28, 2009, 07:11 AM report to moderator
Luna-lovegood-hbp_thumb

Hedwigs theme sounds much the same, but I like the bit in between the actually theme (if that makes sence!).

Posted by lunalovegoodlove on February 28, 2009, 07:27 AM report to moderator
30464_1392052514744_1035060117_31032663_3638239_n_thumb

Yay!!!!

Posted by tearsoflemonade [FTC!] on February 28, 2009, 07:34 AM report to moderator
Take_my_hand_thumb

It sounds great! :-)

Posted by PhoenixSong {{{ROAR}}} on February 28, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
Normal_fanart100__if_experimental_by_ambientblue_thumb

the music is good naturally but please WB let J.Williams score Deathly Hallows.His score of the first three movies has hence been a synonym for Harry Potter.In every documentary,feature,trailer we hear his music.Wouldn’t be great to let him compose more for the last movie?N.Hooper is inexperienced,compared to Williams,who wrote music for star wars,indianna jones and many other soundtrack classics.I have created a group in myLeaky for anyone who wants to express their wish for Williams to score DH.If you share my point of view,please join!

Posted by herpo on February 28, 2009, 07:42 AM report to moderator

I would like to have Hans Zimmer for the music in the seventh and eight film. His scores are really beautiful and energetic, especially in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.
But John Williams is also a magnificant composer as herpo recalls. He’s made the theme of Harry Potter!!!!

Posted by Sorcererke on February 28, 2009, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Personally I think the music is great (the one while the site is loading) but we can’t judge the entire music by just one piece…..So its better to call Williams back….In fact Williams himself was interested in composing music for DH……

Posted by vandy[FTC] on February 28, 2009, 08:24 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

I love Williams music…

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on February 28, 2009, 08:36 AM report to moderator
Animated_tom-voldemort_thumb

Lunalovegoodlove, it does make sense =).
That bit sounds very nice. The music sounds so classy, and elegant, and relaxing, like chamber music (well, duh!).
I too agree with bringing John Williams back for the finale, what a great closure it would be =D.

Posted by Dark Lord Hector on February 28, 2009, 08:43 AM report to moderator

Sounds very good.

It would be fantastic if Williams would be the composer of DH-movies, but I don’t think he will… Let’s just hope.

Posted by Mairéad on February 28, 2009, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I’m another devotee of John Williams, he creates such haunting themes and his scope is unlimited. I would be overjoyed if he were to return for Deathly Hallows.

Posted by Graymayne on February 28, 2009, 08:58 AM report to moderator

Well, I love Williams’ original work, but Hooper has added something to it. It’s really quite pretty. I look forward to hearing more of the soundtrack.

Posted by hufflepuff_86 [OTC] on February 28, 2009, 09:19 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I agree with the John Williams cheers. There’s no music magic for HP movies better than his.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 28, 2009, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I love it :) But I do hope that John Williams comes back for DH. It would make everything magical again. (Not that it’s not, but something about Williams is magical.) Imagine if Hedwig’s Theme just played softly after the movie ended … so powerful, so beautiful!

Posted by Christine on February 28, 2009, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Foto446_05

It’s lovely! I think all composers have so far been great, though I thought Hooper made a specially great work. I am also a great fan of Williams… thank god I don’t have to make that decision!

Posted by Bell Dema [FTC!!!] on February 28, 2009, 09:34 AM report to moderator

"Just been showing Professor Sprout the right way to doctor a Whomping Willow! But I don't want you running away with the idea that I'm better at Herbology than she is! I just happen to have met several of these exotic plants on my travels.."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014