New Poll, New Concept Art of Dervish and Banges at Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fans
February 25, 2009, 06:27 PM

The great news keeps on coming as Universal Orlando has now released new concept art for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction: this of Dervish and Banges. Due to be located in the Hogsmeade village portion of the park, Universal says that the store "supplys the Wizarding community with school supplies, Quidditch gear and magical, wizarding equipment." At this store, park visitors will be able to purchase "authentic and unique items from the World of Harry Potter."  Also new is a poll regarding which dragon you might like to ride (Chinese Fireball, or Hungarian Horntail).

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is currently under construction in Orlando, Florida  and is due to open sometime next year.

Thanks Joel and Elizabeth!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Dscn0187_thumb

Definitely a Hungarian Horntail for me.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on February 26, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Flitwick

Yes!!!! Keep the good news coming! Well I’ll have to vote for the Chinese Fireball

Posted by S.P.E.W [FTC!] on February 26, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator
208389_1809752216631_1624741607_1810808_1202878_n_thumb

Oh thats so awesome! I’m totally going there…

Posted by sleepyhead on February 26, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Cthulhu_thumb

Every year, always the same thing…packed with muggles.

Posted by HappyCthulhu on February 26, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I chose Chinese Firebolt &&
I am soooo excited! =D

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on February 26, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Did I say Chinese firebolt?
Oops :/
I meant Chinese [i]Fireball[/i]

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on February 26, 2009, 04:46 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

Awesome! Though everything will be super expensive: theme park style…

Posted by Felipe on February 26, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I just got my plans pushed back, so it will probably be 5years before I get to go instead of two

Posted by carebie on February 27, 2009, 01:31 AM report to moderator

Hungarian Horntail. I don’t know why that is even up for a question lol.

Posted by Bradyboy on February 27, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
125264_thumb

I am so glad that they are actually polling fans to see what we want in the park. I really hope we see all the things that we voted on!

Posted by DaughterOfAvalon on February 27, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator
N35500137_30859274_1022_thumb
1995 Points

yayyy

Posted by LunaGinevraBlack on February 28, 2009, 04:47 AM report to moderator
Mypicture_thumb

This theme park is incredible. I’ve been waiting for something like this to come out for years. When it opens, I will so be there! : D Squeeeeee!

Posted by FlourishandBlotts (RAWR) on February 28, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Books_covers_us_deluxed_dh_1-2_thumb

I second Dawlish & the Archies comment – I think this totally means the DD ride will be incorporated into the HP world… which is awesome, because DD is one of my favorite roller coaster rides!

Posted by Emily Erland on March 02, 2009, 02:42 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

are we seeing norbert too?

Posted by margareth_6teengal on March 03, 2009, 05:47 AM report to moderator
Luna_avatar_100x100_thumb

I just drove by the back of Universal Orlando, and I saw a HUGE rollercoaster under construction that none of us in the car recognized. It’s red with yellow “accents” and there is this even bigger yellow structure next to it that kind of reminds me of a Quidditch observation stand from the movies. There was a big crane over the large yellow structure too. I didn’t get a picture yet (because we were all too busy going “what IS that???”) but I will take one soon and upload it to my profile! :)

Posted by ZoeyLuna on March 03, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator

"Your aunt and uncle will be proud, though, won't they?" said Hermione... "When they hear what you did this year?"[br]"Proud?" said Harry. "Are you crazy? All those time I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious...."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014