Harry Potter, The Exhibition: Extends Run in US until September 27, 2009, New Photos Now Available

Movies
February 25, 2009, 05:14 PM

Harry Potter: The Exhibition is proving to be very popular with fans, even before the event in Chicago opens on April 30th. Originally scheduled to close on September 7th, TLC can now report the event has been extended an additional three weeks, and will now close on September 27, 2009. Tickets for the event at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Illinois do remain available via this link.

We can also show you brand new images of some of the items from the Harry Potter films fans will see at the Exhibit, including the beloved Marauders Map, a model of Buckbeak from Prisoner of Azkaban, and the infamous TriWizard Cup as seen in Goblet of Fire. Warner Bros also gave new insight on some of the things fans can see and do while at the exhibit including: Harry’s original wand and
eyeglasses, Gryffindor school uniforms, as well as some of the elaborate costumes worn at the Yule
Ball.  They will also be able take a tour through Hagrid’s hut and enter a Quidditch area to toss a
“Quaffle."

Be sure to keep an eye on the Harry Potter widget and Wishlist for updates on the Exhibit, videos, games, and coupons good at the WB shop.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

That’s good news, although I still probably won’t make it to Chicago to see it.

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 25, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator

This would be so cool to experience. I would love to go!

Posted by on February 25, 2009, 07:13 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I hope that they announce the other stops soon! Maybe it will come my way!

Posted by wizardinventor on February 25, 2009, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

what about mexico??

long shot

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on February 25, 2009, 07:23 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Forget the photos …. Bring this exhibit to NYC right after it’s done in Chicago.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 25, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_bookart_april08_002_thumb

i wish i could go….sounds fun

Posted by iheartrw on February 25, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

I just ordered my tickets and i’m taking a friend! We cant wait for Memorial Day weekend-the weekend we bought our tickets for! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 25, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator

I want it to come here!

I really want to see it.

Buckbeak is beautiful. :-)

They said it was going to visit 10 cities around the world. Does anybody know if it was true?

Posted by Lily_Severus on February 25, 2009, 08:51 PM report to moderator
Chrissypuff_thumb

I would love to see all of those things up close! I wish I was closer to Chicago:(

Posted by ChrissyPuff on February 25, 2009, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i want to go to this!! but. no one wants to go with me. \= that and i have no money to go. aghh.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 25, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Heading there May 15-16…tickets are bought! Can’t wait! Hope to see many more Leaky friends there!!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 25, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-20070416023332981_thumb

woohoo for once it’s good to live in Illinois! Can’t wait to go on May 1st.

Posted by SiriusGirl19 [ROAR] on February 25, 2009, 10:52 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_crest_thumb

I want to go!!! WAAA I live in Cali! come closer PLEASE!!

Posted by hufflepuffrox on February 26, 2009, 01:31 AM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

What I wanna know is what other cities the exhibition will visit.

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on February 26, 2009, 02:17 AM report to moderator
Lianne_2_thumb

Why oh why can’t the exhibit come to our country? :(
Wish it would.

Posted by ane_drew on February 26, 2009, 07:14 AM report to moderator

"So top grade's O for 'Outstanding,'"she was saying, "and then there's A --"[br]"No, E," George corrected her, "E for 'Exceeds Expectations.' And I've always thought Fred and I should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turnin