Confirmed! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two Due July 15, 2011

DH Film
February 24, 2009, 07:05 PM

UPDATE: TLC now has official confirmation from Warner Brothers that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two will be released in theaters July 15, 2011.

As readers will recall, it was officially announced that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One will be in theaters November 19, 2010.

Both parts of Deathly Hallows are currently being filmed in London, England.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Photo_258_thumb

We get a HP movie in 09, 10, and 11!

Way too awesome.

Posted by Abby-Sian Lestrange on February 25, 2009, 03:52 AM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

Oh my. Oh my!
This is so….strange. The very last film….Wow.
I am both excited and sad.

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on February 25, 2009, 04:12 AM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

Awesome that’s my 19th bday :)

Posted by NoeLover42 on February 25, 2009, 04:12 AM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

The Punchline is that it’s coming out the same time as The Avengers and WB is not worried.

Posted by Sean Campbell [ROAR] on February 25, 2009, 05:30 AM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

Woot.. this is awesome.. just 2 more years and a bit.. xD

Posted by Niphai on February 25, 2009, 05:34 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

it just keeps on getting better… but the end is near… i just wish it won’t end though…(sigh…) but i’m as excited as well…

Posted by margareth_6teengal on February 25, 2009, 05:41 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I think its good if they dont delay it anymore. ’cos that means the 2 parts of DH is less than a year between them, which makes a change for wb

Posted by Felix Felicis on February 25, 2009, 06:10 AM report to moderator

That was to be expected. July is a good month for a summer release, even though I would have released Part 2 in November 2011, exactly 10 years after film 1. :) The time in between the films will be enough for DVD releases, so it will be an exciting time. :)

Posted by Fonty on February 25, 2009, 06:30 AM report to moderator
Img_0041_thumb

my birthday!! ha if they don’t delay it… who knows what wb does..

Posted by HPGENIUS !ROAR! on February 25, 2009, 06:47 AM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

I don’t care about the delay, July 15th is my birthday! This just strangely made my day!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on February 25, 2009, 06:54 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Let us hope that by fixing the release date of the final film so early all our favourite stars will be able to plan their diaries so that they can attend the London premiere. A May release would probably have meant that Emma would not have been free because of University commitments.

Posted by Graymayne on February 25, 2009, 06:56 AM report to moderator

this is kind of sad because the books are over and pretty soon the movies will be too! Where is that encyclopedia???

Posted by RightLeftMiddle {WBM} on February 25, 2009, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Hmm. I thought it was originally assigned for May? Well, I will take this. Now all we need are official titles, casting info, and hagrid hut photos. LoL.

Posted by mollywobble on February 25, 2009, 07:24 AM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Wow -can’t wait!!!! Longing to see that scene where Neville takes out Nagini!!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 25, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator

8 Months between movies isn’t too bad! You complainers should stop! It could be longer … like November 2011! Besides they need a decent amount of time to launch a second marketing campaign for Part II. While we here at TLC are unlikely to forget about the movie release… they will still need to stir up the interest amongst the other folks out there and remind them what happened in part I. Also when films are in parts, sometimes after the initial release of one part, they may go back and further edit the second part. I think they did that in the Lord of the Ring movies – refilmed some items and re-edited inbetween releases.

But yay for official release dates!

BTW I don’t think, but i could be wrong, that they will change the release date now. I don’t think they would want to incur the outrage and backlash as they did for HBP. Hopefully they will have learned a lesson.

Posted by JS297206 on February 25, 2009, 07:47 AM report to moderator

"Did everyone see that Grubbly-Plank woman?" asked Ginny. "What's she doing back here? Hagrid can't have left, can he?"[br]"I'll be quite glad if he has," said Luna. "He isn't a very good teacher, is he?"[br]"Yes he is!" said Harry, Ron, and Ginny angrily