Confirmed! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two Due July 15, 2011

DH Film
February 24, 2009, 07:05 PM

UPDATE: TLC now has official confirmation from Warner Brothers that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two will be released in theaters July 15, 2011.

As readers will recall, it was officially announced that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One will be in theaters November 19, 2010.

Both parts of Deathly Hallows are currently being filmed in London, England.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry_potter_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_avatar_thumb

See they lie yet again it was supposed to be released in May 2011 originally.

Posted by Huddz on February 24, 2009, 10:37 PM report to moderator

Eh, I think July is actually better than May, it’s not like they screwed us over like they did this one, isn’t May 2011 supposed to be crammed for movies?

I’m actually happy that it’s July, it’s 6 days before the movie comes out. (Another thing, that would be very coinciding, would be to make it the 29 – 2 days before JK Rowling and Harry’s b’days – but I’m not complaining)

Posted by L Lawliet on February 24, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator

Whoops, typo – I meant to say, “6 days before the book actually came out, nearly 4 years ago.”

Posted by L Lawliet on February 24, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Kait_thumb

I thought they said May the first time around? Meh.

Posted by Kait on February 24, 2009, 10:49 PM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

YAY!!!!! This will gross like The Dark Knight!

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on February 24, 2009, 10:50 PM report to moderator

Now I’m not complaining about the July 15 date (I actually think that suits the movie better than May), but if it were to come out on July 29, that’d be funny because that’s the day I finished the book in 2007.

Posted by L Lawliet on February 24, 2009, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! NINGA NERDFIGHTER SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok this is like AWESOME! now i have to go happy dance before i explode!

Posted by HollyHogwarts *Roar* on February 24, 2009, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Purebloodproud_thumb

First to say this, but I’m rather glad for the movie, might be because I’m an educator. In May, students would want to attend the midnight screenings, these would be Thursday into Friday or Tuesday into Wednesday, most likely on school nights. Students need to get rest and study for finals. This gives students (who the movies are aimed at) a chance to study and have the movies for after they finish school for the year. Sort of like a nice treat after all the work. May is already crowded with films and students have enough with school, so I think having it in July allows them to enjoy this more.

The other thing is WB won’t be looked down upon for its midnight showings like another movie was this past year. I know many teachers who hated the fact this movie also aimed at kids, had people staying up and missing school. I truly think WB’s decision to move the movie, makes them realize who the target audience is.

Posted by NarcissaABlack on February 24, 2009, 10:58 PM report to moderator
Purebloodproud_thumb

I do note that three and eventually a fourth will open during school, but its the beginning of the year, far from finals even when speaking of college semesters. November is a pretty quiet month, usually HP opens near Thanksgiving, so students have four days to see it, least hear in the US.

May seems a bit crowded was all I was saying, and July is JKR’s and Harry’s birthday. Seems just the right way to celebrate.

Posted by NarcissaABlack on February 24, 2009, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Uhmawhat? Eight months??? I thought it was going to come out in February or something. Wow. 2011 sounds scary. And very distant. I think I shall remain focused on HBP. And filming.

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 24, 2009, 11:15 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

YES! Midnight screening at Universal City Walk with everyone attending LeakyCon 2011!! WOHOO!!!

Leaky has made my day =D

Posted by Felipe on February 24, 2009, 11:19 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

[tear] last movies…

but YAY they are going to be amazing! i see it will be during the orlando leaky con!? now that is going to be a friggin BLAST!!

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on February 24, 2009, 11:23 PM report to moderator
N679335492_1080156_8634_thumb

So cool hoepuflly these dates stay as they are unlike what happend to HBP can’t wait for the first part of DH casue its 4 days after my birthday that could be my Birthday presatn hahha. I just can’t wait

Posted by sweetquietgirl89 on February 24, 2009, 11:23 PM report to moderator
N48912699_44735455_5785_thumb

It feels like the end all over again! I’m not ready for this!

Posted by carlee_h22 on February 24, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Luna_thumb

YAY!

Posted by penelope_clearwater973 on February 24, 2009, 11:28 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Pettigrew owes his life to you. You have sent Voldemort a deputy who is in your debt.... When one wizard saves another wizard's life, it creates a certain bond between them... and I'm much mistaken if Voldemort wants his servant in the debt of Harry Pott