Confirmed! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two Due July 15, 2011

DH Film
February 24, 2009, 07:05 PM

UPDATE: TLC now has official confirmation from Warner Brothers that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two will be released in theaters July 15, 2011.

As readers will recall, it was officially announced that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One will be in theaters November 19, 2010.

Both parts of Deathly Hallows are currently being filmed in London, England.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Oops! I forgot to say PLEASE!!!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 24, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

In two years we`ll still be waiting for DH. =P (Part 2 of course :])

Posted by Christine on February 24, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

I’m sure that this date is going to come a lot faster than we expect it to! After all, we will have two movies between that 2 year period- the same time we had to wait from OotP to HBP. Hopefully, some of the less involved fans won’t forget anything between the first and second part. (I am specifically thinking about the ending, but hopefully they will be able to function as two separate stories in some ways) Anyways, it would be really cool if they give us some of our first trailers of part two during part one, since they should have all the footage! I’m also thrilled that the last film will come out 11 days after I graduate high school! What a great way to end with something that’s been a part of my life since I was just starting elementary school! I can PROMISE already that there will be tears as the final credits role!

Posted by Rumbleroar! on February 24, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

I can’t believe it, I’m so sad and excited! The end, the last release on July 15, 2011.
Long live Harry Potter! :D
“The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.”

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on February 24, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I’m upset now. I wanted part two to be released in May of 2011!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on February 24, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I only hope that there isn’t another delay – or maybe I shouldn’t have said that in case I’ve cursed us all :P

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on February 24, 2009, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I wonder if part one will stay in the theaters for eight months or if they will put it back in theaters just before part two is to be released? I hope they keep it theaters because I would like to see part one and then see part two the following week or so!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on February 24, 2009, 09:13 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

They are not as close together as they first led us to believe but at least we have a set date and time to get used to it.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 24, 2009, 09:21 PM report to moderator

The movie come out on the weekend that I finish graduate school AND my dad’s 55th birthday…seems a fitting place

Posted by RavenclawRid on February 24, 2009, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Moodysdobby_thumb

It’s too long of a wait! I need it NOW!!!!

Posted by Moody One ♥ROAR♥ on February 24, 2009, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_ravenclaw_thumb

Almost nine months in between? Terrible, can’t wait!

Posted by Edna_Turnblad on February 24, 2009, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Abbie_on_pillow_thumb

Yeah, and November 21st, 2008 was also confirmed for HBP. Whatever. The more they space these two movies apart, the less of a punch the ending is going to have.

Posted by GinaC on February 24, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Oh wow. That will be so great to see the two movies so close together. Let’s hope that they live up to the anticipation. Squeeeee.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 24, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

Yeah, I thought it came out May 20th of 2011?

Posted by DylanAqua on February 24, 2009, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

OMG I was in 1st grade when the first movie came out and I’ll be going into my Junior year when the last movie comes out. I’m excited but I don’t want the movies to be over. :(

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on February 24, 2009, 09:33 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry hadn't had a single letter since Hagrid's note, something that Malfoy had been quick to notice, of course. Malfoy's eagle owl was always bringing him packages of sweets from home, which he opened gloatingly at the Slytherin table.