LeakyCon 2011: July 14-18, Orlando, Florida

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
February 24, 2009, 08:10 PM

Now that we have a confirmed date, we are happy to announce: LeakyCon 2011 will be July 14-18, 2011 in Orlando, Florida.

It's going to be a huge party, that we can't wait to share with you. Let's celebrate the end of this gloroius time (and the beginning of a new one) as we should: together, with the charitable spirit that has been the hallmark of this fandom. More details in the coming months.

Remember, the first LeakyCon is this May 21-24 in Boston, MA. More details at the link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

New_twitpic_thumb

Wow, that’s exciting. There is a slight possibility I’ll be able to make that one, but it’s a while away so I’m not sure. I would have to start saving now.

Posted by forthejokes on February 24, 2009, 10:24 PM report to moderator
Cup-coffee-256x256_thumb

is it too early to buy tickets? ;)

Posted by LassieLupin on February 24, 2009, 10:25 PM report to moderator
G3__thumb

out with a bang. well, hopefully not “out”, but we can put the movies out.

Posted by laxrox93 {ROAR!!} on February 24, 2009, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Heartcup_thumb

Sweet! I might actually get to go to this one!

Posted by Queen Griselda [*Squee!*] on February 24, 2009, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Wiok_thumb

gahhh im going to try to make it =)

Posted by chrissyWeasley on February 24, 2009, 10:27 PM report to moderator

Finally, I can attend this one there are so many hotels around that the price won’t be a factor like with the Boston one. You can get a decent hotel room in Orlando for like $50.00 bucks a night. Unfortunately hotel prices have been one of the reasons I have had to pass on other conferences (plus airline tickets) but I am excited this one is in an affordable city I can drive to.
A little heads up to those traveling to Florida in July- it is HOT and theme parks are usually very very crowded. It rains usually everyday in the afternoon for a bit but clears up fast and of course the possibility of a hurricane or two crossing over :)
Lastly, Melissa you should get that big movie theater (I think it is an AMC) at Universal City Walk to host a screening of DH.

Posted by mlc on February 24, 2009, 10:29 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

It’s in Florida. Awesome! I can drive there.

Posted by Alantie_el on February 24, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

2011 is like forever away. is there anyway to become part of the planning committee for this event? I would love to do that!

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on February 24, 2009, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Kait_thumb

Thanks for the heads up! I’d need to save up but this seems like the perfect excuse to visit Florida!

Posted by Kait on February 24, 2009, 10:48 PM report to moderator
335_flum_thumb

Wait! i can get my hubby to go to that one!!!!

Posted by caitieflum on February 24, 2009, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Twitter-logo-ad-office_thumb

I can’t wait! I’ll actually be able to go! SQUEE!

Posted by Auror Proudfoot on February 24, 2009, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Jordan_thumb

This is going to the most epic even of my life.
Great time, great location, great event!

Count me in.

Posted by Jordan Edwards on February 24, 2009, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Leia_thumb

Since I am on the west coast of the US, neither Boston nor Orlando look like a go. Is there going to be an LC in 2010? If so, can it please be on THIS side of the country! :)

Posted by Hagiographer13 on February 24, 2009, 11:01 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YYYEEESSS!!! =D

Sorry, I’m VERY excited! I bet you can tell, though… XD

Posted by Felipe on February 24, 2009, 11:12 PM report to moderator
Idiot_thumb

If I start saving up now, I might be able to go…

Posted by Geekboy on February 24, 2009, 11:16 PM report to moderator

"You all right?" said Harry.[br]Ron nodded but did not speak. Harry was reminded forcibly of the time that Ron had accidentally put a slug-vomiting charm on himself. He looked just as pale and sweaty as he had done then, not to mention as reluctant to op

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014