Robert Pattinson Attends Oscar Awards, Introduces Special Montage on Romance

Pattinson
February 22, 2009, 08:40 PM

Actor Robert Pattinson is attending the Academy Awards tonight in Los Angeles. Earlier this week, rumors were rife Robert (Hufflepuff Great Cedric Diggory in GoF, Edward in Twilight) was due to present at the Oscars, and you can see early photos of Rob at the event, here via WireImage.
Update: Robert introduced a feature on Romance seen in films during the past year.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

cool, maybe someone will put it on youtube

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 23, 2009, 06:32 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

It must be very hard to be so “green” to the whole presenting thing and to jump right into the Oscars! I agree with most, he looked awkward, but still did an ok job for a “young one”.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 23, 2009, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Angel_reader_chagall_thumb

@KiwiMcl: I know exactly what you mean. There’s a beauty that some people have when moving and talking that just can’t come through in a still picture. I’ve had that same thought about several actors and RL acquaintances over the years.

Posted by Arithmancer on February 23, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator

Yay Cedric!

Posted by badger666 on February 24, 2009, 01:58 AM report to moderator
Handsome2_thumb

i hope hp cast going oscar night for last hp movie.when i watch robert i think why they never intive hp actors (main actors).
however why robert looks ridiculous in night.he always must look at this

Posted by regina on February 24, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

I don’t know how I missed this article. I did watch the Oscars though. The best part was when they had the camera on Micky R. Rob was sitting behind him so he was on camera for some time. I was so busy watching Rob that I didn’t hear what they were saying about Micky. Lol

Posted by Cool G on February 24, 2009, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Rupert_thumb

I watched the oscars… did anyone else think Robert looked… well, bored? He didn’t have much enthusiasium :/

Posted by Chromate {ROAR} on February 24, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

Well gotta admit Rob, I love Twilight, but I love Potter more! Sorry. Hopefully you get a nomination some day. good luck.

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on February 24, 2009, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

Lol

Posted by NoeLover42 on February 25, 2009, 04:17 AM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

The fact that he spoke with an American accent REALLY bothered me…
And he did look nervous, but he almost always does…..

Posted by Despina on February 25, 2009, 04:35 AM report to moderator
1ietguenaaaec-kf2rbculsk2mskd_large_thumb

seems like they are grooming him to become the next big thing to me, presenting and then sitting behind Mickey Rourke, good tv coverage keep him in people minds lol hope its not too much too quickly, still hope he does well with it!! wouldnt mind see the presenting bit that he did as didnt get to see that in the uk anyone know where/if i can find it?

Posted by Silverstardust on February 25, 2009, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

OME!!! He looked so gorgeous.. i was in awe.. his part is really the only part i saw of the oscar’s before my brother took the remote from me.. lol. i was “dazzled”, lol..

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on February 25, 2009, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Luna_thumb

why do people think he’s so hot? I can see that he can be handsome, but… I just don’t see eye to eye with everyone who swoons over him.

Posted by penelope_clearwater973 on February 25, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

They didn’t show this in the non-live version I watched later that night. Why would they cut him out! WHY?

Posted by bec majec *roar* on February 26, 2009, 05:59 AM report to moderator

[i]We received your message and enclosed your Christmas present. From Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia.[/i] Taped to the note was a fifty-pence piece.