Clip from "Half-Blood Prince" Airs at End of Oscars

Movies
February 22, 2009, 11:15 PM

As promised, a very brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was broadcast tonight at the end of the Oscar awards. However, this was part of a montage segment of other films with no sound included, and most of the footage appeared to be taken from one of the earlier trailers. UPDATE: It is now on YouTube here, thanks to UHP!
 What we did see included brief shots of Quidditch, Draco on the Hogwarts Express, Harry looking in the Pensieve and Ron and Hermione looking upwards at something. One shot of interest showed Dumbledore and Harry in the cave, with Dumbledore grasping the chain to lift the Voldemort's old boat from the waters. We hope to have this video up in our galleries soon, and will update when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Badgers_thumb

AHHH SQUEEE AHHHH SQUEE AHHHH
This is great! Did I hear somewhere it came from Australia? Hmm… Maybe i was dreaming PLEASE tell me if you know?

This is gonna be my first piece of news!

Posted by Tiahn on February 24, 2009, 01:51 AM report to moderator

I want more!

Posted by badger666 on February 24, 2009, 01:53 AM report to moderator
N1439614491_169156_6488_thumb

I watched the Oscars this year and they were not that bad, suprisingly…

Posted by Melissa Anne on February 24, 2009, 08:25 AM report to moderator
Dsc02717ssssmallerr_thumb

It actually wasn’t that great. I was hoping for more.

Posted by morgona on February 24, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

yeah, sorta exciting looking forward to seeing it!

xx

-_owl_post_-_thumb

All the same stuff from othr trailers, except for a LITTLE BIT more Quidditch and Dumbledore grabing the chain from the boat. I thought it was going to be a bit more, but oh well. I enjoyed watching the Oscars anyways!

Posted by Felipe on February 24, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

saw this @ the end of the Oscars. would have been nice if it were longer but it was good to see anyway.

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on February 24, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

cool

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 24, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator

I was expecting more than 16 seconds. I wasn’t a fan of the Oscars this year, it ran too long and the white writing on the nominees were annoying.

Posted by Bradyboy on February 24, 2009, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Rupert_thumb

I was starring at the TV screen hoping I didn’t miss it! I was so excited when it finally showed up! I was disappointed though that it didn’t reveal anymore footage, but oh well :(

Posted by Chromate {ROAR} on February 24, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

Eww the clips were so bad

Posted by NoeLover42 on February 25, 2009, 04:17 AM report to moderator
Neil_gaiman_sex_god_thumb

That really wasn’t that exciting. All of five seconds of stuff we’ve seen before. Ah well….at least they tried.

Posted by Lady Carli Black on February 25, 2009, 05:45 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

I stayed up so late to see that clip.
It was moderately worth it.

Posted by bec majec *roar* on February 26, 2009, 05:55 AM report to moderator

cool but seriously short!!!!

Posted by Freya-Storm on February 26, 2009, 09:01 AM report to moderator

Awesome! Wish we coulda seen a HP actor present an award.

Posted by AubNoelle on February 26, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator

"I'll bet you wish you hadn't given up Divination now, don't you, Hermione?" asked Parvati, smirking...[br]"Not really," said Hermione indifferently, who was reading the [i]Daily Prophet.[/i] "I've never really liked horses."...[br]"He's not a horse, he's