Clip from "Half-Blood Prince" Airs at End of Oscars

Movies
February 22, 2009, 11:15 PM

As promised, a very brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was broadcast tonight at the end of the Oscar awards. However, this was part of a montage segment of other films with no sound included, and most of the footage appeared to be taken from one of the earlier trailers. UPDATE: It is now on YouTube here, thanks to UHP!
 What we did see included brief shots of Quidditch, Draco on the Hogwarts Express, Harry looking in the Pensieve and Ron and Hermione looking upwards at something. One shot of interest showed Dumbledore and Harry in the cave, with Dumbledore grasping the chain to lift the Voldemort's old boat from the waters. We hope to have this video up in our galleries soon, and will update when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

bit of an anti-climax. Thank God for the other preview out today

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 23, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
N35500137_30859274_1022_thumb
1995 Points

wow, just watched it on youtube. that was not much!

Posted by LunaGinevraBlack on February 23, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
G3__thumb

i was kinda dull i was hoping for another trailer and it ended up looking like a cut from the ones we already got

Posted by laxrox93 {ROAR!!} on February 23, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

I was disappointed that they only had time to show about 10 seconds of HBP movie clips.

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on February 23, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Well, thanks for posting it! I’m glad i didnt stay up to watch the oscars, since the clip was not even 20 seconds long.

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 23, 2009, 06:16 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I know it’s “something” but two seconds of new info wasn’t necessarily worth waiting up past midnight for (although I did!) I feel cheated!!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 23, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

Yikes, that’s nothing new and very short!

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on February 23, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
Hagid_potterpuff_thumb

nice clip but a bit disappointing i was hoping for longer and more new stuff

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 ~Prongs~ ( J.O.R.) on February 23, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

I saw it last night. It’s tiny in length, but it looks very good! :)

Posted by Aga Veneficus on February 23, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Mcgonagalldh_thumb

Not much of a glimpse but better than nothing, I guess! I am looking forward to seeing the whole movie. I wonder what else is coming out that weekend? Hopefully, nothing too great. I always want the HP movie to win the box office battle for the week it comes out and at least one more weekend. I believe it was GOF that won for the first 3 weeks, wasn’t it? That was cool!

Did anyone else happen to see the 3-hour show that was on AMC on Friday night? It was called the Ten Top Ten. They counted down the top ten movies in ten different categories. As part of the opening montage, a brief “Sorcerere’s Stone” clip was shown, so I expected that SS or some other HP film would be on one of the lists. I was quite disappointed when I watched the whole thing and saw no mention of any HP film. The top fantasy film was “The Wizard of Oz” and number two was “The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King”. I really expected SS to be on that list but it wasn’t mentioned for the whole 3 hours! It was a good show to watch but disappointing. HP is so popular! Why can’t one of the films have been named at least number ten?

Posted by iamminerva on February 23, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

awe man i missed this. Stupid project… anyways ill watch it now =)

Posted by Armpitfarts[Roar] on February 23, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

wow, when they said short, I didn’t think they ment 16 seconds!

Posted by raven_puff on February 23, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

Yes, it certainly was short! We didn’t even get sound, there was music playing over it :(

Posted by The Silver Doe on February 23, 2009, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Old_school_025__2__thumb

I knew better then to sit through all that for a short clip, but I did it anyway. Why am I always so hopeful?

Posted by Lis Lovegood on February 23, 2009, 11:52 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Found this a bit dissapointing, nothing new and it was shown so quickly that I couldn’t really see anything great about i

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on February 23, 2009, 11:58 PM report to moderator

"Where d'you reckon they're going to sleep? We could offer [Krum] a space in our dormitory, Harry... I wouldn't mind giving him my bed, I could kip on a camp bed."[br]Hermione snorted.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014