Clip from "Half-Blood Prince" Airs at End of Oscars

Movies
February 22, 2009, 11:15 PM

As promised, a very brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was broadcast tonight at the end of the Oscar awards. However, this was part of a montage segment of other films with no sound included, and most of the footage appeared to be taken from one of the earlier trailers. UPDATE: It is now on YouTube here, thanks to UHP!
 What we did see included brief shots of Quidditch, Draco on the Hogwarts Express, Harry looking in the Pensieve and Ron and Hermione looking upwards at something. One shot of interest showed Dumbledore and Harry in the cave, with Dumbledore grasping the chain to lift the Voldemort's old boat from the waters. We hope to have this video up in our galleries soon, and will update when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Meeeee__2_thumb

Oh I can’t wait! I just wish this clip was longer.

Posted by ravenclaw1028 (wyfaced) on February 23, 2009, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Photo_95_thumb

such a let down! how did i know this would happen!

Posted by vomit on February 23, 2009, 11:51 AM report to moderator
1_thumb

That is depressingly short.

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on February 23, 2009, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

It was like being stranded in the desert, severely dehydrated, and only getting a few measly drips of water from your canteen— welcome, but WAAAY to little!

Posted by FreshInkGrrl on February 23, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I personally thought it was lame. So much hype for nothing. I enjoyed watching the Oscars and would have done so anyway but the brief glimpse at the end was not worth the publicity it got. It didn’t even get full screen coverage! It split the screen with the credits!!

Posted by eiVega on February 23, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Did they say it was 5 seconds? I had guess 2 seconds. If you watched the Oscars hoping to see the HBP clip, if you blinked, you missed it. This just proves that if you want to see it, wait for YouTube.

Posted by Cool G on February 23, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

it was kind of a tease, but i am happy that they showed it…i think it was a great idea to do that at the end of the oscars bc i actually found out about several movies that i want to watch, that i didn’t know about…. i thought the oscars were really entertaining this year…great new format

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on February 23, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

I want more!!

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on February 23, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

THIS IS SO LAME! Leave it to WB to hype it up then under deliver

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on February 23, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

that’s it????
I want more

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on February 23, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

much too short :(

Posted by Lady of the Lake on February 23, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 8:30. I asked my mom to wake me up when the clip was going to come on, and she didn’t :(
I was only able to see it today, but I guess I didn’t miss much. Isn’t it only 10 seconds long?
Can’t wait till July!

Posted by DanielleD on February 23, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

YouTube says 16 seconds. Didn’t seem that long last night.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 23, 2009, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

It was fun to see it but it was really nothing new.

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on February 23, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
208389_1809752216631_1624741607_1810808_1202878_n_thumb

Isn’t it only like 15 seconds long or something? haha idk

Posted by sleepyhead on February 23, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator

"Really, what nonsense! Harry could not have crossed the line himself, and as Professor Dumbledore believes that he did not persuade an older student to do it for him, I'm sure that should be good enough for everybody else!"[br]She shot a very angry look