Clip from "Half-Blood Prince" Airs at End of Oscars

Movies
February 22, 2009, 11:15 PM

As promised, a very brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was broadcast tonight at the end of the Oscar awards. However, this was part of a montage segment of other films with no sound included, and most of the footage appeared to be taken from one of the earlier trailers. UPDATE: It is now on YouTube here, thanks to UHP!
 What we did see included brief shots of Quidditch, Draco on the Hogwarts Express, Harry looking in the Pensieve and Ron and Hermione looking upwards at something. One shot of interest showed Dumbledore and Harry in the cave, with Dumbledore grasping the chain to lift the Voldemort's old boat from the waters. We hope to have this video up in our galleries soon, and will update when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

really brief…I had to watch it 3 times to see everything well.. But, of course, better than nothing!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on February 23, 2009, 05:37 AM report to moderator
08-05-18_02-17_thumb

No sound!? only 2 new scenes!?!? They had to show sth better!

Posted by scarymissmary28[WBM!] on February 23, 2009, 05:42 AM report to moderator
Take_my_hand_thumb

It’s like a joke…

Posted by PhoenixSong {{{ROAR}}} on February 23, 2009, 06:06 AM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

I was very disappointed. It was stuff we’ve already seen between the trailers and behind the scenes stuff that was out with the OOTP DVD. Between this and the MTV stuff I’m starting to get a little annoyed with the WB. I wanna see something juicy!

Posted by phantomdave79 on February 23, 2009, 06:39 AM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

How measly. It’s literally like 6 seconds long. Just a few new shots rather than anything major.

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on February 23, 2009, 06:50 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I stayed up for that… I cannot believe it. And now I have to study because I didn’t yesterday xD

Posted by Christine on February 23, 2009, 07:36 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

I stayed up for that too, and skipped studying xD
But, at least we’ve got all that new stuff from Australia! It’s so good!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 23, 2009, 07:38 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

i watched the whole oscars to watch that 16 second clip. JEEZ!!!!

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on February 23, 2009, 07:49 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

These clips are never long enough!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 23, 2009, 08:58 AM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

I wasn’t particularly impressed with the HBP footage (other than Dumbledore pulled on the chain, which was cool), but I really enjoyed the Oscars. They had talked about wanting to freshen things up and make the show entertaining again, and in my opinion, they succeeded. The show really was about celebrating all movies, not just the nominees. And I’m a huge musical fan, so I loved the musical numbers! :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on February 23, 2009, 08:58 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

That’s ‘GYP’, abandonedboyjon. And, yes it was!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on February 23, 2009, 09:32 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

That sucked the big one.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on February 23, 2009, 09:35 AM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

what that it?

Posted by rebel on February 23, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator

I’m REALLY glad I didn’t stay up for that….

grumbles stupid, stupid WB….

Posted by Fwanninator on February 23, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

VERY BRIEF. If you blinked, you missed a lot of it. LOL.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 23, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Voldemort," said Riddle softly, "is my past, present, and future, Harry Potter...."[br]He pulled Harry's wand from his pocket and began to trace it through the air, writing three shimmering words: TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE. Then he waved the wand once, and the