Clip from "Half-Blood Prince" Airs at End of Oscars

Movies
February 22, 2009, 11:15 PM

As promised, a very brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was broadcast tonight at the end of the Oscar awards. However, this was part of a montage segment of other films with no sound included, and most of the footage appeared to be taken from one of the earlier trailers. UPDATE: It is now on YouTube here, thanks to UHP!
 What we did see included brief shots of Quidditch, Draco on the Hogwarts Express, Harry looking in the Pensieve and Ron and Hermione looking upwards at something. One shot of interest showed Dumbledore and Harry in the cave, with Dumbledore grasping the chain to lift the Voldemort's old boat from the waters. We hope to have this video up in our galleries soon, and will update when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Avatars_actor_trio_sep_001_thumb

ARGHHHHH!! I wait the whole show to see it and it’s 5 am here and the Portuguese tv didn’t show it ARGHHH im sooooooooooooooooooo pissed off. Please someone put it online pleaseeee

Posted by Hedwig17 on February 23, 2009, 12:26 AM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

I liked the new (very short) clip of Harry and Dumbledore in the cave. I saw some movies I hadn’t heard about before (The Boat That Rocked, something with a hamster), so that worked.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on February 23, 2009, 12:35 AM report to moderator
Animated_tom-voldemort_thumb

Wow, you guys are very sharp eyed, I wouldn’t have caught the “new” part of the clips (Harry-Quidditch, Dumbledore-Cave)…

I want to see this movie soooo badly!!!!!!!!

Posted by Dark Lord Hector on February 23, 2009, 12:37 AM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

I liked the whole montage, I thought it was a nice variety and well put together.
There were quite a few films featured in it which I’m looking forward to seeing, but of course…

I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HBP!!!

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on February 23, 2009, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Very short, yet exciting for me!

Posted by wizardinventor on February 23, 2009, 12:41 AM report to moderator

Is that all? WOW! I expect a little more…:s

Posted by on February 23, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator
30464_1392052514744_1035060117_31032663_3638239_n_thumb

Ya, I was kinda bummed about how short it was. But I already knew I was going to be dissapointed after they started because each movie only got a few seconds.

Posted by tearsoflemonade [FTC!] on February 23, 2009, 12:50 AM report to moderator

cool, i’m syked for the movie!

Posted by julvett on February 23, 2009, 12:53 AM report to moderator
Leia_thumb

I squeed like crazy when I saw the clip — Dumbledore grabbing the boat chain was amazing! Also, lots of shots of HP actors throughout (Jule Walters, Rob Pattinson, etc.) made it that much more fun. OT — the films and actors I wanted to win didn’t, but I am used to the Oscars disappointing an HP fan.

Posted by Hagiographer13 on February 23, 2009, 12:54 AM report to moderator
Wrock_021_thumb

Very brief. But still awesome!

Posted by Sarep [WBM] [IFTC] [Penguin] on February 23, 2009, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Vf-june2010_thumb

the oscars were fabulous! i saw the entire thing live although i couldn’t see the hbp clip
anne hatthaway looked gorgeous and also a jolie
kate winslet won for the best actress! sean penn for best actor
it was great
slumdog millionaire bagged 8 oscars

Posted by pottermania97 *ROAR* on February 23, 2009, 01:14 AM report to moderator
Vf-june2010_thumb

robert pattinson was there too

Maraudersmap_thumb

Really disappointed. No sound except the horrible music and HPB stuck in the middle of all the other ‘09 releases. The 5 sec clip went by so quickly I was glad I Tivo’d it. Watched it back and caught the Dumbledore scene. I think that was the only new scene in the clip. 144 days and counting. It can’t get here soon enough.

Posted by rhadamenthes {ROAR} on February 23, 2009, 01:16 AM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Not terribly exciting, but I think the Draco clip was pretty cool. Ahhh, I can’t wait ’til July.

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 23, 2009, 01:19 AM report to moderator
Weddingedwardandbella-560x384_thumb

You go Sue! You are right on it! It wasnt much but I was happy for it, it was nice to see our Harry Potter up there.. amongst the others…was it me or a new view on the quidditch team flying.and a new view of Harry and Dumbledore in the cave!

Posted by renaeofgryffindor on February 23, 2009, 01:22 AM report to moderator

[Ron] let go of the gnome's ankles: It flew twenty feet into the air and landed with a thud in the field over the hedge.[br]"Pitiful," said Fred. "I bet I can get mine beyond that stump."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014