HP Alliance Dumbledore's Army Meeting Live this Wednesday, Feb. 25

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
February 22, 2009, 11:16 PM

The second HP Alliance Dumbledore's Army meeting will be this Wednesday at 9 p.m., on UStream.

During the last meeting hundreds of Potter fans came together to talk about helping those less fortunate in Burma and Darfur. This time the call will focus on consumer culture: Paul DeGeorge and Matt Maggiacaomo, of Harry and the Potters and the Whomping Willows, respectively, will talk about their vlog project, "No New Stuff," which is updated twice weekly at the HPA YouTube Channel. It will also feature information about a new HPA campaign to make sure all products sold in Harry's name are done so under the banner of Fair Trade. Author Peter Gould, the author of "Write Naked," will also be on hand to talk about breaking out of consumer culture.

Join us for a fun call, which will end with a major HPA announcement, a great surprise that's sure to excite the fandom...one for which it is very much worth DVR'ing Lost. :)

See you there! Remember, it's at 9 p.m. at this channel. You can listen to the call and interact with the participants by going to this page. You should sign up to be a member at UStream, as if the chat gets too crowded we will require membership to chat.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

Ok…thoroughly confused! I’d LOVE to “attend”, but where, how???? On the net? HEELLLLLPPPPPP me!
Your Gryffindor Buddy,
Confederate Lady

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on February 23, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

Confederate Lady: You just go to the link! You’ll hear sound out of the channel at that link. :)

Posted by Melissa Anelli on February 23, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Clanmacq2_thumb

I’ll try to be there… it also happends to be Ash Wednesday, besides being the twin’s birthday.

Posted by Lizbit on February 23, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Playermodel

will be there for sure

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on February 23, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
G3__thumb

totally gonna be there.

Posted by laxrox93 {ROAR!!} on February 23, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
125515_thumb

DVR’ing Lost?!?! WOW THIS MUST BE IMPORTANT! I’M SO THERE!

Posted by totallyamazing on February 23, 2009, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Small_thumb

That’s going to be awesome. Can’t wait to hear from Paul DeGeorge

Posted by grednforge7 on February 23, 2009, 07:49 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

Sweet! I’ll stop by if I can.

Posted by choirgeek on February 23, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator

No one’s going to believe me since this is the internet and you can say anything, but Peter happens to be my uncle, and his book is fantastic, so I highly recommend everyone be there not only to hear Paul DeGeorge but also from a wonderful author. :)

Posted by FinnBV on February 23, 2009, 09:14 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

What a great idea! Unfortunately I won’t be able to watch live since I have play rehearsal.

Posted by The Silver Doe on February 23, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Hangin__out_at_the_game_-_small_thumb

Looking forward to hearing more about it. Thanks Leaky!

Posted by potter_mom_in_GA on February 24, 2009, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Tv000010_thumb

I’m a big fan of the punishment videos DeGeorge has had to post :)

Posted by Stede on February 24, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I really want to be on this call! The last one was awesome. Hopefully I will get back from my sat class in time.

Posted by Ms_Fly on February 25, 2009, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

looks like a good cause

Posted by NoeLover42 on February 25, 2009, 04:15 AM report to moderator

"Curiosity is not a sin," he said. "But we should exercise caution with our curiosity... yes, indeed..."