MTV Half-Blood Prince Set Visit Footage Released Early

Movies
February 21, 2009, 07:44 AM

Well, this is a great way to start the day: footage from the MTV visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is now online. As seen here via YouTube, interviews with actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry) and Rupert Grint  (Ron) are available, as well hearing comments from actress Jessie Cave on her role as Lavender Brown. You can also see behind the scenes looks as they, along with actress Emma Watson (Hermione), are preparing to shoot the winter scene featuring the Trio and Lavender (presumably the necklace scene). Also new are comments from director David Yates on the well publicized new scene that has been written specifically for the movie regarding the Death Eater attack on the Burrow. Enjoy!

This footage is from the MTV "Spoilers" program which will be broadcast on the cable station around the world tonight at 8pm (ET).

Thanks Erna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

I thought it was a waste of time too, way to brief considering that people from other movies showe up to talk about it. I already knew about the Weasley attack.

Posted by Bradyboy on February 21, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Twiwiz_thumb

A bit of a disappointment there. Here’s hoping the Oscar’s sneak peek gives us something new.

Posted by twiwizardjedi on February 21, 2009, 10:12 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

Ooh, it’s so great to finally see some interviews with Jessie Cave! I’ve been looking forward to seeing something from her since she was cast. It was only a little clip, I know, but it’s still awesome.

Posted by choirgeek on February 21, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

Nice. :)

Posted by Aga Veneficus on February 21, 2009, 10:41 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

Yeah, the burrow scene is sort of harry/ginny centric. Ginny and harry have the moment on the stairs where she is in a robe, i think. The burrow is attacked. Harry sees bellatrix and chases her. Ginny then chases harry. They get split up in the running through the wheat and then ginny gets disarmed by fenrir. Harry then comes to her rescue and stands between her and fenrir. That is harry and ginny/centric.

Then arthur, remus, and tonks arrive to help them back to the burrow and the death eaters leave. It is different from the book and as long as they don’t get rid of the burrow attack in DH, i am okay with it.

I think the new clips looked great. Hope we get more tomorrow.

Posted by decarus on February 21, 2009, 11:44 PM report to moderator

Cool! I want more, though. Accio July!

Posted by badger666 on February 22, 2009, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

It was shorter than I hoped for. Just makes me want more.

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on February 22, 2009, 12:39 AM report to moderator
N679335492_1080156_8634_thumb

very intresting

Posted by sweetquietgirl89 on February 22, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

For those complaining about the new scene and them changing things, you need to be aware that they discussed this with Jo and she is TOTALLY on board with this scene and other changes. Unlike a lot of her fans, Jo understands that a film is a different medium to a book and they sometimes need to find different ways of getting a story across.

For those saying they aren’t being “faithful” to the books, compared to many book to film translations they have been extraordinarily faithful, and people should try to occasionally give the producers credit for this faithfulness rather than accusing them of trashing the books for making what are for the most part minor changes and such which is over the top and not true.

I’m not saying the films have been perfect, and there have been some misteps along the way but as someone who has been appalled at many book to film translations over my life of filmgoing, I am pretty impressed by what the team behind this series of films has done overall.

Posted by mouse68 on February 22, 2009, 02:17 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Cool!! Now I’m even more excited for the movie! I can’t wait!!! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on February 22, 2009, 03:06 AM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

Yay! i cant wait for HBP!

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on February 22, 2009, 04:09 AM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

I missed it on MTV. Oh all right, I’ll go look at it…

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on February 22, 2009, 04:21 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I also wish hey could stick closer to the books. I read an interview with Rupert in the HBP movie poster book that a favorite scene of his was when they set the Burrow on fire. I agree with many of the earlier statements…I hope this doesn’t change the plot too much for the DH1 and DH2 movies.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 22, 2009, 04:59 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

However, as an addition to my previous comment…144 more days? Seriously?

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 22, 2009, 05:01 AM report to moderator

It was very nice to see it. But – I can’t wait ’till July…. ://

Posted by Mairéad on February 22, 2009, 08:32 AM report to moderator

"Hey, Potter! [i]Potter![/i] How's your head? You feeling all right? Sure you're not going to go berserk on us?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014